Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Uranium hits a new all time high

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember a few things. You buy into weakness, not strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be, a very bad general rule...
Old 02-17-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I should have rephrased it. I was trying to make the point that he should wait for a pullback before buying. No need to chase these stocks, most of them have some sort of pullback.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you explain a little more... I'm somewhat confused.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:56 AM

Never heard of Bill O'Neil eh? The short version of the theory is it’s easier to buy a stock while it’s on its way up and momentum is on your side then it is to catch a falling knife.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:43 PM

ABN.V and URE.TO are currently up 6% each today, to add on to Fridays 10%+ gains. Looks like the spot price of Uranium should jump this week, I thought it would take place last week. Looking for 80-85 dollars a pound, up from the current price of 75. Also, more news from CCJ (Cameco) regarding Cigar Lake should be out soon.

Still holding on and waiting for the inevitable blow off top that will happen once the general public jumps in the uranium sector. I hope others are making $$$.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:52 PM

What happens if CCJ issues anything except good news about the status of Cigar Lake? We know soon.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ABN.V and URE.TO are currently up 6% each today, to add on to Fridays 10%+ gains. Looks like the spot price of Uranium should jump this week, I thought it would take place last week. Looking for 80-85 dollars a pound, up from the current price of 75. Also, more news from CCJ (Cameco) regarding Cigar Lake should be out soon.

Still holding on and waiting for the inevitable blow off top that will happen once the general public jumps in the uranium sector. I hope others are making $$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

going for uuu turned out as a bit of a mistake as a missed the big jump by a day but still up 6%. would liked to of bought more but cant finance wise.

as for:

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, if I had a single uranium stock to recommend, it would be RSC.V I'm not gonna start pumping this stock on a message board but if you want my opinion on this stock, just PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

bought 7 days ago. 29.8% rise. top recommendation.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happens if CCJ issues anything except good news about the status of Cigar Lake? We know soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are expected to say that the mine is temporarily lost and will be delayed 5-6 yrs. Too much uranium in there for it never to be extracted. I don't think they have any good news and that may be why the junior exploration stocks have been jumping lately. If they announce things are progressing better than anticipated, a lot of the stocks that have run up will get hit. A lot of them are up 1000% and people might be looking for excuses (besides the nice run up) to bank their profits.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:54 PM

A very large % of my portfolio is invested in uranium since a couple of months and it has been a fun ride and it is far from over! All U308 stocks are taking off one after another lately... This week, spot price should be either at 80$ or 84$. Sprott Asset Management is giving a large uranium conference tomorow so it should be another good week.

I do believe that the easy money in U308 is over... in 2006, you could pick any stock with "Ura" in its name and you would have made 100%. In 2007, the potential is still huge but you'll need to pick the right stocks. And believe me, there's a ton of companies that will fetch triple digits returns.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, RSC.V is going to be a major winner in this sector (bold predicition: 10$ by year-end). I also own UUU.V URE.TO FSY.TO DIT.V for now and I'm keeping an eye on EFR.V
Old 02-21-2007, 06:14 PM

It is official, Uranium is now at $85/pound. I guess that is why the stocks were flying the past few days.

http://www.uxc.com/