Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: The Office 2-1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is absolutely 0 chemistry between Jim and Karen right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

See I don't get it then. There is no tension at all. It is just a foregone conclusion that it will end and Pam/Jim will get back together. So rather than the scenes between Karen/Pam being poignant and meaningful they come across as forced. I get that they want them to break up, but they never really had a long enough "good together" stage to make any of it meaningful. Just get it over with and move on already.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you watch the show [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

See I don't get it then. There is no tension at all. It is just a foregone conclusion that it will end and Pam/Jim will get back together. So rather than the scenes between Karen/Pam being poignant and meaningful they come across as forced. I get that they want them to break up, but they never really had a long enough "good together" stage to make any of it meaningful. Just get it over with and move on already.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you watch the show [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I have no doubts that Jim and Pam are going to get back together prior to the end of the show's run. It is what everyone in the audience wants, it is what they want (but just don't act on)... Why would you think otherwise?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 AM

Michael to stripper - You smell good. You smell like Tide. Do you use Tide detergent.

I love this show
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Another two moments I just remembered that made me LOL....

1. When they showed Creed eating the steak with his hands.

2. The look on Dwight's face when Packer fake kicked Michael.

Another comment- I wish we could get filled in a little bit on these "talks" between Jim and Karen.

I got kinda mixed signals from it. AT first, they were supposed to have fixed the relationship (?). I didn't know they were having any real problems besides her moving too close to him. Yet, after all these talks, things seemed really awkward between them. I don't think this was well done or intentional.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I have no doubts that Jim and Pam are going to get back together prior to the end of the show's run. It is what everyone in the audience wants, it is what they want (but just don't act on)... Why would you think otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first off, they have never been together. I don't see them being together at any point during the show's run, because it removes a major running plot line from the show (whether it has been beaten to death or not). I could possibly see them doing it in the series finale, but that would be so cheesy... I think the writers are better than that
Old 02-02-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Another comment- I wish we could get filled in a little bit on these "talks" between Jim and Karen.

I got kinda mixed signals from it. AT first, they were supposed to have fixed the relationship (?). I didn't know they were having any real problems besides her moving too close to him. Yet, after all these talks, things seemed really awkward between them. I don't think this was well done or intentional.

[/ QUOTE ]

this whole episode was kinda weird in a way. Pam was out of this world awkward and strange. Toby/Andy weren't in the episode, they didn't give us much of a backstory on the jim/karen situation. Eh.. the writers kind of glued this one together
Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 AM

I just take the plot lines at a very rough, high level - not something that needs to be "developed" week to week. The show is much better that way.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:51 AM

They're playing to the camera a lot more this episode, not just Jim. Which works. And it's nice to see Michael back to his old self.

I didn't notice the lack of Andy until I read this thread, and now it does kinda leave me hanging. Cest la vie.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this whole episode was kinda weird in a way. Pam was out of this world awkward and strange. Toby/Andy weren't in the episode, they didn't give us much of a backstory on the jim/karen situation. Eh.. the writers kind of glued this one together

[/ QUOTE ]

The writing this week was great, along with the acting. Both the US and UK versions' writing and acting are usually way over-the-top. I thought this episode actually had some of the most realistic dialogue of any Office ep. Many people are outwardly like Pam was in this ep. when they're dealing w/ [censored] on the inside. Real people are weird and awkward. I thought it was great.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:18 AM

"When then my man meat he shall have!!"