Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: UFC 67

[ QUOTE ]
There were some pretty good fights on this card. I'd like to thank Anderson Silva for subbing Travis Lutter, who it was pointed out to me in this thread is a world-class BJJ guy and that Silva didn't stand a chance against him on the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never understood that. silva has a black belt from the nog brothers, but everyone was acting like it was a clash of styles. anderson silva is 10x the fighter lutter will ever be. when someone compared his bjj to michael jordan's basketball skills i almost passed out. i think it was goldberg, so its excusable at least.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:29 PM

"I love Marvin, he's my brother, but it was time for some black on black crime."

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2007, 12:37 AM

yeah so count me among the people who didnt expect lutter to get subbed. i mean, silvas bjj is good but lutter was elite. and silva apparently did that all coming off knee surgery ~10 weeks prior.

also, the frankie edgar fight was a great display of wrestling skills. you really dont see ground clinics like that very often (groundwork based primarily on wrestling as opposed to bjj)