Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Comments on Negreanu\'s recent blog?

[ QUOTE ]
Finding God doesn't change who you are

[/ QUOTE ]

If finding God does not change who you are then you didn't find the right God. Look again.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If finding God does not change who you are then you didn't find the right God. Look again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank GOD someone else gets this!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Plz ban everyone in this thread.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Innate "want" to be a good person? If there is no god, then you are just some random breathing sack of cells and you most definitely don't have an innate "want" to be better. Sorry to dissapoint you. It's really to be bad that you can't just accept hypocrits for what they are and instead you blame the idea they are hypocritical of for their actions. Anyone "looking for a get out of jail free card" from christianity is not a christian, PERIOD. And by the way, like someone else said, I feel like I better mention that I'm not religous because otherwise I'm sure you'd just call me some blind sheep seeing as some religous people must have rubbed you the wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You seem to have a problem with the word "want."

What the fack is your point? If I'm not mistaken, you're pointing out that people who say they're Christians yet do not act as such aren't Christians..."PERIOD."

Somebody call Thomas Aquinas!

What we were talking about is the hypocrisy of the modern-day religious lip service. You sound like a bright enough guy--I'm sure you picked up on that, right?

Let go and let God, my brother. A salaam alaikum. Have a blessed day. Kumbay freakin ah, my lord.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you need to lean on some "force" that doesn't exist to most logical human beings, and this changes your life, then you're living life poorly.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Sorry, I guess I don't get what you're talking about. I thought you were bitching and moaning that religous people are hypocrits and were therefore condemning religion because of it. What did I miss? And I don't have a problem with the word "want", I have a problem with someone saying they don't need religion to be a good person. If you arent doing it for religion, then your doing it to feel better about yourself, because like I said, if we weren't created then you have no inner desire to be a good person. And being a good person to make yourself feel good is just as hypocritical as all the other bs you are so upset w/ religous people for.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plz ban everyone in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
God, plz send edfurlong to hell kthxbye
Old 01-20-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's just not true. If you understood what it means to be a believer you would know that this isn't the case.

First of all, God tells us that we will make mistakes. That we are all sinners and we will all screw up. The only person that didn't ever screw up was Jesus. We can't be him, but he would be a good person to emulate.

I screw up and I sin all the time. God forgives sin if you come to him genuinely. You'll screw up again, and again, but you are held accountable and the goal is to improve in areas where you fall. It doesn't mean you can just behave how ever you want and that's ok.

The key thing that you couldn't understand unless you've felt it, is that when you make God the center of your life you WANT to do good things. You WANT to be a better person and you WANT to avoid sin.

You also have to realize that you will screw up and that you need to forgive yourself when you do. God forgives you, so you need to be able to accept responsibility, forgive yourself, and forgive others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish Chip Reese made himself more accessable. Getting this from one of the world's most recognizable poker players is depressing.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I guess I don't get what you're talking about. I thought you were bitching and moaning that religous people are hypocrits and were therefore condemning religion because of it. What did I miss? And I don't have a problem with the word "want", I have a problem with someone saying they don't need religion to be a good person. If you arent doing it for religion, then your doing it to feel better about yourself, because like I said, if we weren't created then you have no inner desire to be a good person. And being a good person to make yourself feel good is just as hypocritical as all the other bs you are so upset w/ religous people for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. OK. Please don't hurt me.

Seeing as my post makes no sense to you, and, to me, your post is written in hyroglyphics or some sort of cypheric arcane language that might have made sense to someone, at some point in history, maybe we can just agree to go our separate ways.

God is watching us.....from a distance. Let's not disappoint Him.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 PM

rushmore-

glad to see u posting more again. and fwiw, i pretty much agree with everything you've said in this thread.