Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Epassporte is the only funding option.....

[ QUOTE ]
This would be a great time for the ePass Rep to show his face again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Methinks they have bigger fish to fry right now, but yes, it would be nice to get some direct commentary.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:31 PM

You could deposit via credit card, and then verify your bank account. (Think they do as Neteller did--make one or two small deposits for a few cents.) Once verified, believe you can cashout to a bank account, even if initial load was from CC. Epass has two levels of accounts, standard and select. Standard has a $500 load/trnasaction limit, Select is $1000. You get select by having two verified load options.

They actually offer three load options--CC, US Bank account, and Load with Cash. The latter is buying a book of deposit slips for $9.95 (you will need funds in account from an initial load) and using them to deposit at one of four banks: Bank One, USBank, Wachovia and Wells Fargo. Here is what the Epassporte screen says: (cut and paste)

"In order to load your account with cash, you must first purchase a booklet of 25 deposit slips (printed and coded with your ePassporte Account details) for use at the bank of your choice. The booklet costs US$9.95 and this amount will be deducted from your ePassporte Account when you click the 'Purchase' button below.

Your booklet will be mailed to you and will arrive within 7 business days. Once you receive the booklet, you may load cash on to your ePassporte Account by taking a deposit slip to any Teller at any branch of the bank you selected. Please note: ePassporte charges US$9.95 each time you load cash to your ePassporte account. This amount will be deducted from the amount you load.

Please select a bank below (you do not need to have an account at this bank): "

Obviously not an option for an initial load, but I am guessing a credit card issued by any of those four banks can be used to load Epassporte. Also, these slips, while a bit pricey, might be a way for "recreational" players to easily fund their poker accounts. Very easy if they already bank at one of these places.

I do not know if you can simply verify your bank account and then "load" by cashing out from a poker site. Right now, FullTilt, for example, would cash out to Epass even if you have not deposited that way if your previous ewallet was Neteller. Just don't know how Epassporte would view it.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once a user has completed 1 and 2, how does s/he get their money from ePassporte back to their bank account? Can they withdraw from ePassporte to a checking account?[ QUOTE ]

From ePassporte's "Questions" page:

[ QUOTE ]
Can I transfer money from my ePassporte Account directly to my checking account?

Yes. If you have a US-based checking account, you will be able to transfer funds from your ePassporte Account and deposit them to your checking account. After logging into your ePassporte Account, please click on “Withdraw” and follow the instructions provided to verify your US-based checking account or to obtain instructions on how to transfer funds to your previously verified checking account from your ePassporte Account.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-18-2007, 09:34 PM

is it easier to load with a debit card from my checking account than from credit card, or no difference?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 PM

There seem to be a major misconception about ePassporte's fees. Here is what I posted in another thread...

From their website:[ QUOTE ]

Deposit/Load
Credit/Debit Card: US$5.00 per US$100.00 load or portion thereof
US Checking Account: US$5.00 per US$100.00 load or portion thereof for the initial load., then US$2.00 per reload regardless of amount reloaded.

Withdraw
ePassporte Visa Virtual Account Holders may transfer directly to a US Bank Account for a flat fee of US$2.00 per transfer. Non-US bank account holders can request a bank wire transfer for a fee of US$50.00. ePassporte Visa Virtual Account Holders who purchased a Visa Card can withdraw funds at millions Visa and/or PLUS ATM locations worldwide for just US$2.00 each transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sure reads to me like it costs 5% for deposits via credit card. $5 for your intitial checking account deposit and $2 for every subsequent deposit transaction. Withdraws to a checking account seems to be $2 per transaction.

Now their definition of a transaction:
[ QUOTE ]
Standard: $500 maximum transaction amount Max 10 transactions, Max 5 loads
Select status: $1000 maximum transaction amount, Max 10 transactions, Max 5 loads

[/ QUOTE ]

But here is the key:
[ QUOTE ]
ePassporte Personal Account Holders may alternatively contact our Account Holder Services Department to increase their limits by providing additional personal information and documentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can increase your limits even further than $1000 per transaction. Even at a maximum of $1000/transaction, that equates to 0.2% which doesnt seem too bad to me.

I'm not sure how high they will let you go but if you can get it raised to say $10K. You are only paying 0.02% which is pennies...
Old 01-18-2007, 09:49 PM

You can mail a cashiers check to fund your account. I used this method. It took almost two weeks though.

Also, Pokerstars will mail cashout checks.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried loading my account, but my credit card got declined. I then got a call from my bank saying it's a gambling site and they cant allow transactions to these type of sites because of new U.S Legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me

edit: this was both with a Bank of America card and a WaMu card.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:58 PM

My bank is Citibank. Im interested in using epassporte but Im waiting for more info. Hopefully more people will let me know of their success. I understand the fees and it seems ok to withdraw to ones checking account, im just a little confused on which card to get or whats best. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it easier to load with a debit card from my checking account than from credit card, or no difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think no difference, but be aware of the extra protections you get with using a credit card that you don't get when using a debit card.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I tried loading my account, but my credit card got declined. I then got a call from my bank saying it's a gambling site and they cant allow transactions to these type of sites because of new U.S Legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me

edit: this was both with a Bank of America card and a WaMu card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used my Bank of America card to make a direct Pokerstars deposit two hours ago.