Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: OOT - Find me a Career

[ QUOTE ]
Campaign work for 08 election?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a possibility. Very low pay though (lower than even I am comfortbale with in some cases). I worked a congressional for 2006 as Field Director. I've got connections to get myself a decent gig in an early primary state starting this summer if I want. Just not sure that's what I want.

Also, I have a part time side gig with the congressional candidate I worked for. He'll be running again so there's always that...
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM

think tank
Old 01-18-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think tank

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I wonder if there are any outside of DC... I'll look into this one. I think I'd be a good fit since I'm very ideologically narrow minded and outspoken about what I believe.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think tank

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I wonder if there are any outside of DC... I'll look into this one. I think I'd be a good fit since I'm very ideologically narrow minded and outspoken about what I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, this is actually what I was looking for. Yes, I have some ideas for what I could do, but I figured OOT might come up with something that I hadn't thought of. Thanks for this one.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 PM

If you're GPA was 3.1, you might want to hold that info back as long as possible.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:23 PM

Sheriff's Correctional Officer Cadet

SALARY
$27.71 - $27.71 Hourly $2,217.04 - $2,217.04 Biweekly $4,803.59 - $4,803.59 Monthly

THE POSITION

The County of Santa Clara Department of Correction is accepting applications for Sheriff’s Correctional Officer Cadet. Cadets receive pay while training to become Sheriff’s Correctional Officers. Cadets attend a ten-week academy, where they receive academic and physical training to prepare them to work in the County jail facilities. After successful completion of the Correctional Officer Academy, candidates may be hired into classified Sheriff’s Correctional Officer positions. Those who are hired as Sheriff’s Correctional Officers then begin an eighteen-month probationary period. For reference, the base salary range for Sheriff’s Correctional Officers is $4636.67 - $5636.28 per month. Sheriff’s Correctional Officers are eligible for Career Incentive Pay up to 7 ½ % above base salary.

Once hired as Sheriff’s Correctional Officers, individuals, under supervision, maintain order and security of inmates within detention facilities, supervise inmate work crews on projects throughout the County, and assist in the correction of antisocial attitudes and behavior. The Department of Correction is proud of our diverse workforce, and we encourage women and ethnic minorities to apply.

SELECTION PROCESS:
The screening and selection process will include one or more of the following parts:
application screening, written test, physical agility/assessment test, pre-screening background interview, oral examination, background investigation, polygraph, medical examination. Candidates must also successfully pass a pre-employment psychological evaluation.

Depending upon need, the Department may or may not test all qualified applicants.

It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.

EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Candidates must possess and clearly specify on their application the following;
1. Possession of a high school diploma or General Education Development (G.E.D.) Certificate.
2. Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
3. Possession of a valid California driver’s license at the time of appointment and an acceptable driving record, which will qualify for a County driver’s permit.
4. Either be a United States citizen OR a permanent resident who has applied for U.S. citizenship.
Citizenship status will be verified prior to hire. (Government code 1031-1031.5)
5. A felony conviction and /or a conviction outside of California that could be considered a felony in California will be disqualifying for this position. (Complete the agency wide supplemental question #3 regarding any convictions.)
6. Must be able to pass a complete background investigation which may include but is not limited to: fingerprints and a search of local, state, and national files for criminal history, psychological evaluation, and medical evaluation.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:24 PM

biodome participant
Old 01-18-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think tank

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, this is actually what I was looking for. Yes, I have some ideas for what I could do, but I figured OOT might come up with something that I hadn't thought of. Thanks for this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. Dude, if you just graduated things like Brookings or the Hoover Institute or anything vaguely academic should have been obvious.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think tank

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. Dude, if you just graduated things like Brookings or the Hoover Institute or anything vaguely academic should have been obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say... I completely overlooked think tanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're GPA was 3.1, you might want to hold that info back as long as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing to brag about, but it's not like I did awful. It's a decent GPA considering the school I went to. Shouldn't hurt me at all (unless I'm applying to competitive grad school programs, law schools, etc.).