Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: ShaniacAttack!!!

"I don't like his antics--the singing, the attention-grabbing etc...Since he's a "Buddhist" I guess he has acheived inner peace, but it sure doesn't show itself outwardly.

Also, I've never played with him or had any meaningful interactions with him, so I could be wrong. For now, he's still the guy I love to hate. "

Shane,

you are way off on this one... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

J
Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shane-

smoking = teh gay

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right...I really actually want to quit tobacco pretty badly when I get back to LA, and to maybe even use the flight home to get a headstart on the detox. But it was a smoke break in a tournament, so I was smoking.

We all good if next time I spark up a fat one on camera, Sub?

Thanks for the kind words everyone, see you all next year....

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG time for a prop bet!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Daliman,

Alex Jacob and I were going to do a Jewfro last longer during this tournament, but it never materialized.

I'm passively rooting for gobooboy--firstly, because active rooting is saved for a select few close friends, and second becase I do sort of want Kristy Gazes to take this down. Fwiw, my spirit was said to have shrunk a little when I ran into Colson, Schaefer and Nordberg at the Aus Open and they told me Jimmy had 5M going into the FT. Not entirely rational, but there it is--heartbreak is heartbreak.

I've got a decent perspective on poker, so there's a plenty of c'est la vie but also, I admit, at least a little bit of disatisfaction and frustration, too.

Jackal--are you Andy Black?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with Andrew Black?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like his antics--the singing, the attention-grabbing etc...Since he's a "Buddhist" I guess he has acheived inner peace, but it sure doesn't show itself outwardly.

Also, I've never played with him or had any meaningful interactions with him, so I could be wrong. For now, he's still the guy I love to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have this wrong too. He's definitely a little eccentric, but I still have found him to be a genuinely nice guy. There are a ton more people in the poker world that are worth hating.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daliman,

Alex Jacob and I were going to do a Jewfro last longer during this tournament, but it never materialized.

I'm passively rooting for gobooboy--firstly, because active rooting is saved for a select few close friends, and second becase I do sort of want Kristy Gazes to take this down. Fwiw, my spirit was said to have shrunk a little when I ran into Colson, Schaefer and Nordberg at the Aus Open and they told me Jimmy had 5M going into the FT. Not entirely rational, but there it is--heartbreak is heartbreak.

I've got a decent perspective on poker, so there's a plenty of c'est la vie but also, I admit, at least a little bit of disatisfaction and frustration, too.

Jackal--are you Andy Black?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty rational to me. Nice job shane, run better next time.