Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Early Favorites....who not to bet on and who to pay attention to

What did you think about the Justin Timberlake guy? Decent voice, but looks might get him a lot of teeny girl votes.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did you think about the Justin Timberlake guy? Decent voice, but looks might get him a lot of teeny girl votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

My early favorite is Jenry Bejarano, the 16 year old black guy who looks like Tyson Beckford. He can sing and he will get an awful lot of the female vote.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:41 PM

People like looks for a while. But...you have to be able to sing well. Eventually, everyone starts picking the person that sings the best. I know the 16yo Beckford looking dude could sing good.

I keep telling people they better watch out for that young New York girl with the braces that sings opera. I'm sure I'll get heavily flamed, but you gotta go with your gut. I'm really just thinking of the demographic that will be voting, and I think she'll be able to satisfy that demographic. Dark horse?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep telling people they better watch out for that young New York girl with the braces that sings opera. I'm sure I'll get heavily flamed, but you gotta go with your gut. I'm really just thinking of the demographic that will be voting, and I think she'll be able to satisfy that demographic. Dark horse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about the demographic (she might be a little too edgy-NY for the heartland). But I really liked her voice, especially when she rocked out on the first song. I'll be watching her during the Hollywood rounds.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:35 PM

I dont know but the taller girl of the two friends from NJ? Smoking hot and a much better singer than her friend
Old 01-25-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know but the taller girl of the two friends from NJ? Smoking hot and a much better singer than her friend

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved how Simon was checking her out when she walked to the side so her friend could audition. He wanted some of that.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved how Simon was checking her out when she walked to the side so her friend could audition. He wanted some of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, hilarious.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:05 PM

I think Paula may be blowing some of the male contestants in the men's room after they audition.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:20 PM

looked up that girl from canada now living in L.A. and she had a part in either phantom or les miserables here in toronto and she has sung with alannis morisette on stage at a benefit so i think she's a professional.

two questions:

are there any restrictions on professionals? seemingly no.

did that canadian girl have to be a U.S. resident???

FWIW, alot of people seem to think that opera girl from new york was precocious and self-absorbed and that the voters won't like her.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:37 PM

smbruin:

As long as the contestant does not have CURRENT representation or a recording contract, they are eligible (provided they meet other requirements). It makes no difference if they have sung professionally in the past. In fact, you'll notice that those who make it far tend to have a professional music background (Bo Bice)

Contestants must be US Citizens. I would assume then that Ottawa girl has her citizenship, since she seemed pretty upfront about her geographical background.

I agree with you about opera girl, but I don't think it will matter as I don't see her coming close to the top 24.

Here is a link to the eligibility requirements. I will add it to the FAQ:

Rules