Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Going for Supernova Elite? Progress Thread

I am siting here, HUMBLY wishing I had not posted my reply. I would have sworn that LIMIT was brought up in the post I responded to, which would have been wrong (as I stated). HOWEVER, NL is the subject and $.40 is the required rake amount.

DOH!!! I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS .... need more beer.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:08 AM

I am going for elite not for the tournament entries, but mainly for the increased earn in FPP and the cash bonuses on the way. If they were to change the promo around to add more cash and increased FPP earn than I would definately get to elite.

At the current program I give myself 30%.

I am still playing over 20k hands at UB per month getting over 80% rakeback there total after bonus and points for cash
Old 01-10-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It actually requires a pot to be $8.40 due to the way they calculate rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I have no proof, but I do believe I've seen a $7.60 pot with $.40 in the rake - which should be a VPP hand.

[/ QUOTE ]For $1/2 NL and lower, this is absolutely correct.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression Supernova Elite is for guys like Hallingoll and Twin Caracas who regularly play the huge games. I doubt Stars ever intended it for low/mid-limit multitablers although I guess you can go for it if you're a sadist.

[/ QUOTE ]I doubt it. When you get to those higher levels you really can't play any more than 6 tables(I usually only played 4 when I was playing $25/50). On the other hand, its very easy to play 10 tables of something like $1/2.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After thre days off in a row (2 on account of some bad food poisining), I'm at 37,000 VPPs for the year. Of course, I 6-table the Turbo SNGs at $114+ (while 3-tabling SNGs on another site) which are probably the best games to rack up VPPs in. I'll probably hit SNE 8 or 9 months into the year without doing anything crazy, and having a few nice chunks of time entirely off.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm curious as to why you play the 3 on the other site instead of all of them at Stars. Also, how beatable would you say those are for a good player?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Post where you are in your quest to SNE. Post anything else you want...frustrations, suspicions of game being fixed (not too much)...

[/ QUOTE ]

21,801 VPP after tonight. Generally 9-tabling PLO8 games.. sometimes I try to bump it up to 11-tabling, but that is always a recipe for disaster. At 9, I've got everything under control. I don't really have any VPP monthly/annual goal, but we'll see what happens.

Not enough full PLO8 tables $2/$4 or higher or 6-max to get better VPP rates either.

[/ QUOTE ]the problem for you is that the dealing of the cards is sooooo much slower for that game compared to hold em on a "fast" table.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to why you play the 3 on the other site instead of all of them at Stars. Also, how beatable would you say those are for a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the most likely explanation for splitting play is that RB at FTP is better cash up front, but FTP SNGs don't load as fast.

The question of "how beatable" they are is a bit amorphous, but they are certainly profitable; they become even more profitable because of the larger number of tables you can play (less post-flop play).

That said, there has been a trend in STTF recently of players moving to cash.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it is funny that this thread has had all of two responses from people who are genuinely trying to get SNE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because all the rest are too busy playing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After thre days off in a row (2 on account of some bad food poisining), I'm at 37,000 VPPs for the year. Of course, I 6-table the Turbo SNGs at $114+ (while 3-tabling SNGs on another site) which are probably the best games to rack up VPPs in. I'll probably hit SNE 8 or 9 months into the year without doing anything crazy, and having a few nice chunks of time entirely off.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm curious as to why you play the 3 on the other site instead of all of them at Stars. Also, how beatable would you say those are for a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]

The other site has unmentionables + leaderboard bonus that add up to close to 50% RB (in $$) for the buy-in/number of SNGs I'm playing there - if I played a lot more or a lot less, then the LBB would be less signficant (unless I played a crazy amount to try and get top 1 or 2), which means less RB overall. I'm also not sure whether Stars or FT has better games, and they'll probably be in flux somewhat over the next 6 months, so I'd rather just play both and mitigate the variance involved.

Stars SNGs are still beatable, but are def. tougher than the Party SNG days.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:04 AM

i'm on pace. i have about 24k vpps, with goals of 20k vpps/week. that's for 1 mill vpps in 50 weeks, giving me 2 weeks to breathe easy.