Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: NYG offseason thread

It's pretty obvious at this point that TC is coming back. Otherwise he'd be gone by now.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty obvious at this point that TC is coming back. Otherwise he'd be gone by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're retarded. They don't have a GM. Don't you think they might address one post before the other because, you know, well, coaches like ot know who their GM's are and GM's, well, you get it. I'm not saying he's not leaving. Just that you're retarded.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:53 PM

Again, they're not making any moves until a new GM is named.

Basically, if the new GM is within the organization (it most likely will be), Tom Coughlin will likely stay. If it's from outside of the team, then most of the coaching staff will hit the road.

There aren't too many incredible head coaching candidates this year. Most of the names being thrown around are either current college football coaches or coordinators with no head coaching experience. The NY Post sports staff is full of idiots. For them to even suggest that Cowher would come to New York is a joke. Parcells, Belicheck (sp?), Weis and Cowher will not coach the Giants.

If the Giants wait a year, they can get a better shot at better coaches with more experience. However, they may lose a bit of fan support becuase keeping Coughlin would be a very unpopular choice.

IMO, I think a coordinator becoming a head coach (not unheard of obviously) would be better than keeping Coughlin. The Giants have some serious discipline problems on the field and don't respond well to Coughlin's authoritative nature off the field. He's having difficulty developing the young talent around him, especially Eli Manning.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...I think they might blow up the whole roster though. No more Tiki, Plax, Lavar (his contract is prob friendly for this, or they're retards--not like he was a key guy anyways)...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Giants will likely rework Lavars contract, he wants to stay in NY. Also the Giants should be around $15-$16 mil under the cap next season, this number will increase assuming Tiki retires. I highly doubt they would make big roster cuts.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're retarded. They don't have a GM. Don't you think they might address one post before the other because, you know, well, coaches like ot know who their GM's are and GM's, well, you get it. I'm not saying he's not leaving. Just that you're retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily true in this case. The Mara and Tisch families easily could decide the coaching issue themselves, particularly if the GM they are considering hiring is not someone who would come in with a whole lot of clout.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He did well in his first couple of years but when the players start using words like "out-coached" (Tiki, following last years playoff loss to Carolina, Shockey at multiple points this year), its time to move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh. Typical NY athletes who love to be "on the record" and have their own agendas...take it with a grain of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if Tiki's whole retirement announcement coincided with some private comments to ownership that he might stick around next year under a new coach.

Letting the players dictate whether a coach stays or goes is a slippery slope.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:09 AM

There also have been a handful of fairly important players to come out and either support the coach or say that the supposed clubhouse revolt does not exist.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 AM

My god, haven't you Ginats fans endured enough misery....now you have an off-season thread.....lol

Have a wake and get drunk Irish style
Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Giants will likely rework Lavars contract, he wants to stay in NY.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his contract is very GInat friendly and incentive based anyways.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He did well in his first couple of years but when the players start using words like "out-coached" (Tiki, following last years playoff loss to Carolina, Shockey at multiple points this year), its time to move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh. Typical NY athletes who love to be "on the record" and have their own agendas...take it with a grain of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if Tiki's whole retirement announcement coincided with some private comments to ownership that he might stick around next year under a new coach.

Letting the players dictate whether a coach stays or goes is a slippery slope.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point wasn't that the players don't think the coach is doing a good job. My point is that players speaking out negatively about their coach reflects poorly on the cohesions of the team, the organization etc.

Contrast this eg with some Jets players comments about Mangini this year:

"I've played a lot of football -- I started at age 6," wideout Jerricho Cotchery said. "This is the closest team I've played on, and that's a tribute to Coach Mangini. We fought for each other the entire year."

And Curtis Martin, on the verge of announcing his retirement, said the Jets got the best coach available. "If I owned a team," he said, "Eric would be my head coach."

"One of the best coaching jobs I've ever seen," said Curtis Martin, who spent the season on the sideline, taking notes.

etc.