Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Am i lying to myself

[ QUOTE ]
what about during an interview, I'm able to show them a graph of my investment portfolio since freshman year and if it's pretty impressive, do you think they'll even count that or are they likely to blow it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being able to articulate the hows, whats and whys, are going to be much more important than any results summary... no one is interested, if you got lucky using a high risk strategy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 12:29 PM

The idea of sacrificing your GPA for poker when you have only built up a $500 bankroll is absolutely retarded. I don't think this should even be considered close unless you are making 100K+ annually.

Additionally, it was suggested that poker is going to teach many young people that they don't have to work hard for success and will hurt them in the long run. I would say that most successful poker players work their asses off. I know I do, and I see most the people who became "professional poker players" because of easy money are fast approaching busto.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea of sacrificing your GPA for poker when you have only built up a $500 bankroll is absolutely retarded. I don't think this should even be considered close unless you are making 100K+ annually.

Additionally, it was suggested that poker is going to teach many young people that they don't have to work hard for success and will hurt them in the long run. I would say that most successful poker players work their asses off. I know I do, and I see most the people who became "professional poker players" because of easy money are fast approaching busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Working your ass off playing poker is totally different than working you ass off in an organization with a reporting relationship. I understand poker can be a lot of work. I still think it teaches a lot of bad habits and creates a lot of unreasonable expectations.