Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: seif rips gold

[ QUOTE ]
The American justice system is the most inequitous, unfair and corrupt of it's kind wnywhere in the developed world. In fact, amongst 1st world countries, it without a shadow of a doubt the WORST justice system. And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an absurd claim. Italy, for instance, has significant levels of judicial corruption and more importantly perceived corruption. While I agree that Americans tend to just assume they have the best institutions, you weaken your credibility by overstating your case so strongly.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You name me a 1st world justice system that is worse than America's, and I'll bow to your greater knowledge in a heartbeat.

But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sure you can work out pot odds real well, but you clearly have fuckk all clue about much else.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at making assumptions
Old 12-24-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't know who this Seif guy is - many of you appear to hold him in some regard

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you saw him commentate on the Professional Poker Tour.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The American justice system is the most inequitous, unfair and corrupt of it's kind wnywhere in the developed world. In fact, amongst 1st world countries, it without a shadow of a doubt the WORST justice system. And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an absurd claim. Italy, for instance, has significant levels of judicial corruption and more importantly perceived corruption. While I agree that Americans tend to just assume they have the best institutions, you weaken your credibility by overstating your case so strongly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutly correct that Italy has a shockingly corrupt political system. Absolutely no doubt. Without doubt amongst the most corrupt and dysfunctional political system in the 1st world.

But the political system is not the same thing as the justice system, which in Italy, is perfectly average in terms of it's "fairness". The insanity of the political syatem does not, for the most part, spill over into the mainsatream justice system.

So I totally refute that I overstated my argument at all: America has by far the most unfair justice system of any 1st world country.

If Italy is the best you can come up with to counter that opinion, then your argument is lost.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You name me a 1st world justice system that is worse than America's, and I'll bow to your greater knowledge in a heartbeat.

I'm sure you can work out pot odds real well, but you clearly have fuckk all clue about much else.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at making no sense
Old 12-24-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at making no sense

[/ QUOTE ]

On edit: Oh, pot odds lol. Sorry. Good joke. Apologies for my lack of sense of humour.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at making no sense

On edit: Oh, pot odds lol. Sorry. Good joke. Apologies for my lack of sense of humour.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:21 AM

Drunken double post. Bed time.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:21 AM

good thread guys
Old 12-24-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this paragraph is far stupider than anything seif wrote

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is kind of ridiculous. There are plenty of countries where there basically exists no right to a fair trial and countries where the courts are blantantly corrupt. If you think US ourts are the worst in the world, you don't know much aobut the rest of the world.