Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: suicide squeeze

[ QUOTE ]
Morn your def of squeeze is wrong its when you push out people of the pot to create dead money/

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using DH's definition.

If you shove with AKs in this hand - is this also a Squeeze? Because by your definition it is?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Morn your def of squeeze is wrong its when you push out people of the pot to create dead money/

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using DH's definition.

If you shove with AKs in this hand - is this also a Squeeze? Because by your definition it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, yes it is a squeeze, but in that case, you dont mind if you get called. I've made the same play w/AA and 52s and a myriad of hands in between. Either way, its a squeeze play and if you get called, so be it, sometimes you have the goods, other times you dont.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:05 PM

As definined by DH, a sqeeze is when an agreesive player raises, another player calls light, and you re-raise them both off the hand. The "Squeeze" is that you drive the original player out of the hand because unless he has a monster, he is going to be out of position against possibly two opponents, one who is yet to act and another who has shown real strength. Then the second player has to fold as well, because his goal was to play in position against a player whose hand he can discount, not play OOP against someone who has shown real strength.

DH emphasizes that he only pulls this move with real trash, as he doesn't want to waste good hands on it. He gives an example later on where he DOESN'T squeeze because his hand is "too good". I think it's also worth noting that this would only ever work against at least somewhat thinking players, since they both have to realize what a @#$@#%$# spot they are now in.

So by DH's definition, I think what Shaun is doing here isn't really a squeeze. It's more of a "value push isolation play" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Potato Potahto. Call it what you will, it's either +EV or -EV.

I don't like it, personally, because I've seen 5xbb be TT, JJ, and AK more often than other than 22, 33, and 44. But seems like you got your man, so who am I to argue with results [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2006, 07:27 PM

really good post there jeff, everyone should read that the concepts mentioned are explained really well.

I am not a learn by book poker player, I've read 1 chapter of ToP and 1 chapter of supersystem. So I don't try to act like I know whats in everybook and by so and so. I just go by what I've seen which is a lot of hands.