Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: OT: STTF Year in Review

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indy has fallen a long way, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've lurked in this well over a year w/o posting. He was easily the best poster here until he committed internet suicide last week. most posters here hated him though as he didnt always say what they wanted to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best poster? If you mean he was the best poster at being a life nit than you are correct.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've lurked in this well over a year w/o posting. He was easily the best poster here until he committed internet suicide last week. most posters here hated him though as he didnt always say what they wanted to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]
Falling farther...
Old 12-19-2006, 12:40 AM

How to get fanboys
Old 12-19-2006, 02:30 AM

My nomination for best non-strategic (not directly at least) contribution to the forum

go banaana!!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My nomination for best non-strategic (not directly at least) contribution to the forum

go banaana!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This was clearly one of the best strategy posts to come out of this forum this year.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How to get fanboys

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm my favorite poster!

It’s amazing how I accomplish whatever I set my mind to. You wouldn't believe the pms/emails I get on an almost daily basis.

SHIP INTERNET FAME. HOLLA.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't really ever particularly good in the first place. That one thread was pretty nice, that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yet two of the best threads nominated so far in here are from Indy. I sharkscoped him the other day and he's made more on stars than any poster I know.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! Seriously?
One of the threads says buy SNGPT, don't do drugs, post hands and get a coach. What an incredible thread. OMG, that is so revolutionary!

The other thread features him butchering the hell out of a low limit SNG and having commentary from good players. Indy did some solid leg work but it wasn't his strategy that made it good thread. He gets points for a very valuable idea but it hardly makes him a good strategy poster.

Saying that he has made more on stars than any poster you know is both foolish and meaningless. Almost no one played on stars until 2 months ago. bigjoe2003 has already reached the top of the total profit 9/10 handed $300-1000 tourney leader board in only 2 months. Like it or not, stars was the minor leagues until party bailed.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BigT vs. MSNL

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing i love the most about this thread is that GW, TWP, and all the other people bashing bigt/inyaface are still playing 2/4 and 3/6 while our 2 guys are beating the [censored] out of HIGH STAKES OMG.

SHIP MADD SKILLZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a PM from eagles:

Well I was looking through it again and I found some pretty hilarious stuff. One was throughout the whole thread how Tgod, Gildwulf, Jehaim, Ahnuld, and posted like 13 year olds and were incapable of a reasonable discussion anyways here are some funny quotes.

Yvesaint

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea, like posting your sn here is gonna affect your winrate. lmao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahnuld

Quote:

guaranteed from your posts that you win alot less than me and alot of other msnl posters at 5/10nl.

Gildwulf

Quote:

i would play bigt or inyaface HU at nl 3/6

JSnipes28

Quote:

OP is a donkey. MSNL forum is best. And I am sure we all take money from you on a regular basis at 3/6 and 5/10.

Tgod

Quote:

You can learn ALOT in msnl if you'd open your mind and post there. C/c on this flop is sickening. Not to mention the turn play. His line of checking the flop as a preflop raiser then raising the turn is HUGE strength. Him folding there is very lucky imo. Why are you so happy to get the money in on the turn with one card to come but so hesitant to do so on the flop?

Gildwulf

Quote:

here is a pokerstove of what a typical UTG range would have vs a typical button call:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

11,914,182 games 4.337 secs 2,747,102 games/sec

Board: 8h 5h 2c
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 25.5514 % 25.24% 00.31% { 88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+ }
Hand 2: 23.0634 % 22.60% 00.47% { QQ-22, ATs+, KTs+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, KQo }
Hand 3: 51.3853 % 51.23% 00.16% { 6h4h }

Even if you tweak this a bit, that is a huge edge in a 3-way pot. I don't think anyone of any playing ability can afford to give up this edge even some of the time.

Tgod

Quote:

The most surprising thing is how hard he argues his points and how stubborn he's being.

Anyways I didn't want to post it because I wasn't sure if you wanted to bring the whole thing back again but I just found this hilarious.

I completely left this thread alone for two reasons: 1) what good does bumping it do?, 2) although alot of the msnl guys in that thread were out of line, and in some cases, outright wrong, some are good guys and good cardplayers and there's no reason to start [censored] with any of them...

having said that, i am very proud of the fact that ive clipped 5/10 and 10/20 for over 5 pt's for the past 80-100K hands. i also have a higher winrate than every single msnl poster who refuted me in that thread (i have a database with over 100K hands for each msnl player in that thread)... i do admit i was wrong in that thread tho... check call on the flop is a very bad line... having said that, most of the msnl crew was waaaaay more incorrect than i was regarding several important issues with that hand...

ill admit i have thought about bumping that thread with a graph of my last 100K hands, but i realize people make mistakes and that you dont need to be a total dick to them when they do. i know this because i made a mistake in that thread and it turned into total [censored] when people started to be a total dick to me.

having reread that thread though i still believe it is one of my best strategy posts on this forum... although my motivation behind the flop check was wrong, if you pretend i checked with the intention of check raising then i played the hand very very well. the turn play is a very good play and i have been told that by several hsnl players. i am very proud of that post and still recommend it for poker players of all types.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I completely left this thread alone for two reasons: 1) what good does bumping it do?, 2) although alot of the msnl guys in that thread were out of line, and in some cases, outright wrong, some are good guys and good cardplayers and there's no reason to start [censored] with any of them...

having said that, i am very proud of the fact that ive clipped 5/10 and 10/20 for over 5 pt's for the past 80-100K hands. i also have a higher winrate than every single msnl poster who refuted me in that thread (i have a database with over 100K hands for each msnl player in that thread)... i do admit i was wrong in that thread tho... check call on the flop is a very bad line... having said that, most of the msnl crew was waaaaay more incorrect than i was regarding several important issues with that hand...

ill admit i have thought about bumping that thread with a graph of my last 100K hands, but i realize people make mistakes and that you dont need to be a total dick to them when they do. i know this because i made a mistake in that thread and it turned into total [censored] when people started to be a total dick to me.

having reread that thread though i still believe it is one of my best strategy posts on this forum... although my motivation behind the flop check was wrong, if you pretend i checked with the intention of check raising then i played the hand very very well. the turn play is a very good play and i have been told that by several hsnl players. i am very proud of that post and still recommend it for poker players of all types.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great post for so many reasons. keep up the good work bigt!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:40 AM

I AM A GIANT LUCKSAC

one of the most exciting nights of my life

glad you guys were there for support.