Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Kneecap Dislocation

[ QUOTE ]
I've dislocated one knee 3 times. The first time the kneecap inverted, so it was out of the groove on the outside of my leg and flipped so that the side that should face the knee joint was facing out. This REALLY sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to read this thread any more.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Kneecap Dislocation

I've had lots of problems with kneecap dislocation. The first time it happened was on the last play of a football game in high school. A player dove and hit my knee from the outside which caused my knee to buckle sideways (I swear it touched the ground). It buckled so far that my kneecap actually dislocated outward. Another player fell on top of me and bent my knee while my kneecap was off which tore my mcl and a bunch of the meniscus. Needless to say, I was about in shock when I reached down and felt me knee. I had NO idea what it was and thought I broke my leg. The guy on top of me immediately started asking me if i was alright becuase he heard the sound my knee made. Before the coaches got out to the field though, I rolled over a few times and it suddenly popped a few times really loudly and all of a sudden, everything was back in place. I couldnt convince them my knee had been all bent out of position, so they didnt take me to a doctor till the next day. I think my bursa sack ruptured and so my knee was HUGE the next morning.

I had two surgeries to remove all the cartilage that tore and to repair my ligament and remove a bone chip. It sucked.

A year later, I had the same exact thing happen when a guy fell into my knee during a basketball game. Even with a big knee brace on, it dislocated and stayed out. I knew what it was immediately though and reached down to try and pop it back in right away. It worked, but after this, I was told not to play football or basketball again.

I have problems now spraining it randomly or it buckling during exercising. Also, cold weather makes it really sore.

The piece of cartilage the removed from my knee was so large, my physical therapist kept it preserved in a jar and uses it as a paperweight! I swear.