Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 06:35 AM

Default Re: 99 facing large bet

Again with the absurd attitude. Jeez. You must have an ego the size of a mountain. Congrats on being the first guy to make my block list.

Btw, I have no idea where you got the "I always follow HOH to the letter" idea from, lol. I made one tiny point about correcting a HOH quote, that's it. I did judge you on the poker content, which I think really sucked in this thread and the one other I saw you in. Anyway, see ya moron.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you have seen MP2 reraising with stupid hands:
1 I fold
2 I will never do that with 14BB
3 I fold

What about raising something like 200 to 250, then fold to a reraise. Raising less in early or middle position can be as effective as raising 3BB or more, and you are less pot-commited in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, you really suck at this. Sorry man, but that's the harsh truth.

Pushing all day is cool all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to remember, this is your first answer to my post. Don't you think YOU are the [censored] moron?
No poker related comment, just an insult. Maybe you can elaborate after your initial insult.

I just want to talk about poker and try to analyse hands. You are just here insulting people and giving very few ideas to help.

Let's drop this and talk poker.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:19 AM

Nothing you do should involve folding, unless you enter the pot and at least two players move all-in behind you.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:15 AM

It's funny because in this other very similar thread "99 Faces ALL IN vs Weak Donk", a lot of people say exactly what i said : raise less and avoid the coin flip.
Here i just receive insults and "Never fold" remarks.
Weird.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:37 AM

Fouf, you say that the answer in poker is usually it depends, then you compare two very different situations and say the answer should be the same because your holding in each case is 99.

This case: Blinds 50/100, hero's stack is 1450 and the structure is turbo.

That case: Blinds 50/100, hero's stack is 2400 and the structure is normal.

Do you see why the most +EV line may be different in those two cases?
Old 12-14-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fouf, you say that the answer in poker is usually it depends, then you compare two very different situations and say the answer should be the same because your holding in each case is 99.

This case: Blinds 50/100, hero's stack is 1450 and the structure is turbo.

That case: Blinds 50/100, hero's stack is 2400 and the structure is normal.

Do you see why the most +EV line may be different in those two cases?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, you are right, i'm sorry. I guess this is just because Soulman pissed me off. He just insults me, never question himself, thinks he is a kind of poker authority, and basically says i'm just a moron and should just shut up because i don't have a high post number. It drives me crazy when people act like they own any forum.

But back to the hand, i just think there are two very different way to play these kind of hands. I agree that if you read Harrington, you probably raise 4BB then call the Allin raise unless there is a raise and a reraise. But if you read other stuff, like for example Eric Lindgren's book, or columns from people that advocates "small pot poker", like Lindgren, Smith or Negreanu, you'll find that they think very differently. What they think is that you should always raise less preflop, because you are not affraid of playing after the flop and have faith in your postflop skills, and that you will be able to outplay people postflop. I think that is very interesting. Tougher, but definitely more challenging also. Lindgren even advocates that you should sometimes limp first in from the button! Wow! Good thing Soulman put me on his block list, because he would have wrote 1258 lines of "really really really bad".

So i'm just saying, i want to improve my game, i want to improve my postflop play. I'm not putting all my chips in on a coin flip!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:08 PM

I do actually agree with a lot of the things you said and early in tournaments I do like to play a lot of pots in position against perceived weaker players because they are looking to give their chips away. But, there comes a point where you must shift gears because of the size of your stack and look for a coinflip.