Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Pointless phone conversations with your SO

[ QUOTE ]
She only wants to talk 20-30 minutes a day? Brother you got it good. But it is still annoying as shtt.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, I hear ya. 20-30 minutes isn't much, but it is still a significant portion of your day when you could be sleeping, laying around, or hell, maybe even doing something productive.

Try talking to her in the car or while you're doing something boring. That's what I did with my last girlfriend who demanded this.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:22 AM

reminds me of old school "my seatbelt is broken, what do you recommend?" "i recommend you stop being a pussy."
Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 AM

I live overseas and I only call my parents once or twice a year. We trade emails and chat on AOL IM a few times a week. I have always hated talking on the phone. I cant imagine having to talk to a girl for 30 minutes everyday on the phone.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have the same problem. when she calls she tends to do most of the talking and get's mad when i dont have anything to say. i think my girlfriend may be starting to understand that i just don't have enough to say since she knows whats going on with me.

i also try to push that people who need to talk a lot do so cause they are not comfortable with eachother. mostly bs, but it works somewhat and is somewhat true.

[/ QUOTE ]

having things to say isnt the problem. the problem is that communicating without being in person is lame. if you were sitting in a restaurant knocking back soju, you wouldnt run out of things to talk about. important part of conversating with someone is the physical connection which doesnt exist over the phone.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:53 AM

Just start talking about sex. The conversation will either get more interesting to you or she will end the call pretty quick. Either way, you win.

By the way, this works great after you have been married 10 years or so. Of course, the 2nd scenario is what always happens [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, I think your comment sorta begs the question...if you do genuinely care about her, and she really wants to talk to you (but you guys can't see her), and you do genuinely want to know how her day went, why wouldn't you make a 5 minute phone call? This is curiousity, not condescending

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you've read the thread. 5 minute phone calls are no problem; but my girlfriend would probably call me for like 45 minutes to an hour a day if she had her way. ( She lives about an hour away, and tends to come out to my place one night a week and then I spend most weekends at her place.) I have expressed to her in the past that I don't have that level of phone tolerance. So now we typically talk for shorter amounts each day, with occasional longer conversations.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 PM

All chicks are like this, they rarely say much, they talk a lot though. Im upfront very early, ecspecially because Im working on 3 or 4 girls at a time, try having 2 chicks try to busy up your time everyday. I tell them, hey listen, Im very very busy pretty much all the time, so I dont like to [censored] on the phone for 30 minutes, I love when you call, but honestly I hate talking on the phone, I know its weird, but thats just the way I am...blah blah. the trick is to do it early, and make it your "quirk" so they dont take it personally. If they got a problem with it, forget em, but most of them if you spend enough time with them in person wont care much.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 PM

My funny story on this. The wife and I have been carpooling for almost two years now, since we work about 1 mile from each other. My wife was estatic about this as its an hour drive, and it gives us so much time to talk. However, over the course of the past year, conversation has dwindled down to a near silence unless I'm the one doing the talking. We spend about 5 minutes on how each of our days went, then don't really talk much more the whole trip.

But wait, now we get to the funny part.

If we do NOT carpool and drive in seperate, she calls me on her cell phone and talks to me THE WHOLE DAMN WAY TO WORK AND BACK. Nonstop pointless chatter as the OP describes. On the cell phone, in rush hour traffic, which is slightly distracting for both of our driving.

So, she has nothing to say when she's sitting in the car with me, but can't stop talking to me when she's not and gets to use her phone.

Women and phones are such a huge [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Ray
Old 12-06-2006, 12:57 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
we'll never run out of things to talk about because we genuinely care about each other and how the other's day is going.

[/ QUOTE ]

by far the most sensible thing in this thread and it was made fun of. no one is forcing you to be with anyone. if you hate talking on the phone that is one thing that should have been mentioned earlier. if you just dislike talking to her, move on.

rj
Old 12-06-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love my girlfriend and i could talk to her for hours a day easily.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

you are not qualified to answer this since you are in a very LD relationship and also its to new for you :P. I am not either mind you Becuase after 5 Years I still talk to her 2-3 hours a night.