Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Tips for going out alone??

I've gone out alone a few times, and it was fun and hassle-free to run game, but I did have this issue:

What is the best answer to when a girl asks, "So who are you here with?" or "Did you come alone?"
Old 12-04-2006, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've gone out alone a few times, and it was fun and hassle-free to run game, but I did have this issue:

What is the best answer to when a girl asks, "So who are you here with?" or "Did you come alone?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. The more important question is am I going home alone?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:57 AM

I've been traveling the past few months so when I've gone out, it's almost always been alone. Unless you're extremely outgoing (and if you were, you wouldn't have started this thread) you will either make new friends/pick up a girl or feel really awkward and drink too much. In order to avoid the latter, here are some tips I've come up with:
Call up some people before you go out and BS with them. Even if the only person you can call is your mom, it will get you in a talkative mood.
Sociability has its own inertia. If you go to a bar and don't talk to anyone for an hour it's going to be much harder to start a conversation than if you just got there. If you've already had some good conversations with people that night, you'll naturally be talkative and outgoing.
Don't go anywhere too crowded or too loud. Sitting at the bar is a good place to get into random conversations. At worst you can BS with the bartender.
Go to a "warm-up" place before going to the venue you're really interested in. This way even if you don't come off well, you get a fresh start and are already in the right mindset.
Remember that no one is going to mind you talking to them. If they aren't interested in continuing the conversation, it should hopefully be obvious to you. Don't take it personally. It probably doesn't have anything to do with you.

Are you just interested in picking up chicks or are you just going out to have a good time?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been traveling the past few months so when I've gone out, it's almost always been alone. Unless you're extremely outgoing (and if you were, you wouldn't have started this thread) you will either make new friends/pick up a girl or feel really awkward and drink too much. In order to avoid the latter, here are some tips I've come up with:
Call up some people before you go out and BS with them. Even if the only person you can call is your mom, it will get you in a talkative mood.
Sociability has its own inertia. If you go to a bar and don't talk to anyone for an hour it's going to be much harder to start a conversation than if you just got there. If you've already had some good conversations with people that night, you'll naturally be talkative and outgoing.
Don't go anywhere too crowded or too loud. Sitting at the bar is a good place to get into random conversations. At worst you can BS with the bartender.
Go to a "warm-up" place before going to the venue you're really interested in. This way even if you don't come off well, you get a fresh start and are already in the right mindset.
Remember that no one is going to mind you talking to them. If they aren't interested in continuing the conversation, it should hopefully be obvious to you. Don't take it personally. It probably doesn't have anything to do with you.

Are you just interested in picking up chicks or are you just going out to have a good time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll vouch that million is one of the more extroverted ppl I know. The rest of this post seems plausible yet only a regurgitation of everything that's already been said (with the one exception of the 'inertia' comment).
Old 12-04-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
million -

option A)
get really good at singing "let's get it on - Marvin Gaye" and sing the whole song while creepily glaring at the hottest girl in site. When the song is over, motion to her using the invisible drink in hand motion and point to the bar. When you get to the bar, wait till said girl is in ear range and say "2 glasses of your cheapest scotch". It will taste bad so take a big sip and spit-spray it out and scold the bartender that its not cold enough. Throw the bartender a couple of wadded up ones and tell the girl that you have better scotch and glow in the dark condoms at your place.

option B)
try the unzip your fly and let your weiner hang out strategy (TM).

option C)
a combination of options A and B

weiner hang out strategy = "This is going to sound weird, but trust me, it'll work. Next time you are chatting w/ her (say at lunch or at a bar or wherever), excuse yourself to go to the bathroom. In the bathroom, unzip your fly so your weiner is hanging out. Then, go back to her and start talking to her again like everything is normal. She will be like OMFG, DUDE ACCIDENTALLY LEFT HIS FLY UNZIPPED but try not to say anything, then it will be too much and she will laugh or do something and point out that your weiner is hanging out and then you can be like OMFG I AM SUCH AN IDIOT, WOW I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHAT WE WOULD TALK ABOUT AND JUST COMPLETELY FORGOT TO ZIP UP and then you will both share a laugh. But here is the key. Now the topic of conversation will be shifted to your weiner and also she will be happy so this means you can then bang her. " (El Diablo - 02/05/06 04:58 AM)

[/ QUOTE ]

El D is a good go-to guy for dating advice, but I think most guys would be even better served by following his advice about how to score big on dates when you have an RX-7. Working the fact that you ACTUALLY HAVE AN RX-7 into conversations can take some particularly sly moves, and for the few of us who don't already have one, some lying may be involved. But getting laid is pretty much a done deal if you either have or can lie about having an RX-7. At least, with El Diablo and OOT as co-mentors.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
join a group or something, some way of getting to know people with a common interest. dont just go up to random people and start talking to them....it reeks of desperateness (yes, that is a new word)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem ... I believe the word is, "desperatyness."
Old 12-04-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll vouch that million is one of the more extroverted ppl I know. The rest of this post seems plausible yet only a regurgitation of everything that's already been said (with the one exception of the 'inertia' comment).

[/ QUOTE ]

That and its elaboration was the heart of the post and almost its entirety, and it was a very good comment.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:18 AM

good post from whoIam. this is a valid topic btw though i guess everyone in OOT wants to blow off every single thread ever created unless it's about rating pictures of girls or saying SHIIP. i only did this once but i bought a guy sitting next to me a shot of tequilla to take with me and that got him and his friend talking to me. as whoIam said call people b4 hand, or you can also warm up by talking to bartenders, waiters, doormen "oh lol you serve scallops here that is so cool, i love scallops. what do you recommend? okay i don't want that, what else do you reocmmend?" it doesn't matter what you say just talk some words. for me i find that i have to force myself to talk to the first couple of people, it's a battle of willpower and after that it is easy and fun.