Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Poker Pro from Kazakhstan needs legislation advice

alelitan,

since you have no intention of visiting the usa for another ~10yrs, just don't worry about it now. worry about it then. but my very educated guess says you will likely not have to deal with this issue ever again. you don't have a credit report in this country--no ssn or temp ssn means no credit report. no credit report means no collection agencies since citibank and collections cannot impact something that doesnt exist. stay strong and proud.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, youre a pro making $25 / hr? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

i make less than this and am and have been a pro for over 3 years.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 PM

If I pay back my outstanding debt, may I place a camera in the ladies' toilet please?

why not?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"So, youre a pro making $25 / hr? LOL"

Being a professional just means playing poker is your main source of income. You could be a "pro" and only make $1/h.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most [censored] statement going. I got into an argument on another board about the same ridiculous statment. If someone is a High School drop out, living in his parents house playing poker 12 hours a day at micro limits grinding out $200 a week, that makes them a pro? I cook for a living, so Im a professional cook or chef? I dont think so. I will say this, its a very subjective topic, but my idea of pro would be someone that makes a substantial amount of money from poker, has had some television exposure, makes money off poker related matter ie books, merchandise etc,or they are ranked as a top player online or live. Not every schmuck that happens to be single living in his parents basement with no bills can be considered a professional, because "its his only source of income". That statement doesnt hold any water what so ever.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, youre a pro making $25 / hr? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

i make less than this and am and have been a pro for over 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

A professional is required to possess a large knowledge derived from extensive academic and practical training. Professional skills are important to the well-being of society ...

... In sports, a professional is someone who participates for money. The opposite is amateur, meaning a person that has not played for money, but usually through an academic setting (e.g. college football).

This is from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional

I don't care if I am professional by Wikipedia's (or any other) definition. For me most important is that I win. I am cool with that, call me amateur, semi-pro, one-quarter pro. I don't understand why anybody should care if he is "professional" or "amateur" as long as he or she wins.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the most [censored] statement going. I got into an argument on another board about the same ridiculous statment. If someone is a High School drop out, living in his parents house playing poker 12 hours a day at micro limits grinding out $200 a week, that makes them a pro? I cook for a living, so Im a professional cook or chef? I dont think so. I will say this, its a very subjective topic, but my idea of pro would be someone that makes a substantial amount of money from poker, has had some television exposure, makes money off poker related matter ie books, merchandise etc,or they are ranked as a top player online or live. Not every schmuck that happens to be single living in his parents basement with no bills can be considered a professional, because "its his only source of income". That statement doesnt hold any water what so ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible post, and a worthless subject to debate.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 AM

alelitan,

I am from the beautiful country of Uzbekistan. [censored] Kazakstan...that's what I say.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, man ... you are not quite correct. For example, if you commit check fraud in Nevada, like bouncing a check used to pay a marker, then you have committed a crime AND you can be picked up at immigration for extradition to Nevada.

REALLY, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and playing poker is also crime in Seattle. Too many restrictions in this country. No freedom whatsoever:-).
Old 12-05-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"So, youre a pro making $25 / hr? LOL"

Being a professional just means playing poker is your main source of income. You could be a "pro" and only make $1/h.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if you cook for a living you are a professional cook. And being a pro player has nothing to do with television exposure or proceeds from books, etc., although many do have such exposure. If an artist makes enough money selling his paintings to put a roof over his head but his work isn't in any museums, he's still a professional artist.

What you are describing is a top pro. Professional != elite.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 PM

All you poker players haven't seen through his bluff yet?

This is a hysterically long chain he's been yanking.

If he's from Kazackistan, I'm a pole dancer.