Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 04:11 PM

Default Re: 67o in SB

I'm pretty tight PF and I have one of the lowest VPIPs from the SB of this forum, and I still complete this PF in a 1/2 structure (easy fold in a 1/3) like the Commerce 20 game. I don't think it's a leak.

But I do fold the flop when it's two back to me.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:30 PM

I think the 2nd part of your post is why you can do what you said in the 1st part of your post.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also think i intend on c/f alot of flops even if i do complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

really?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I get the feeling this is a trick question and im walking into a bear trap......

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you are a competent poker player and can read a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
anyways, the approx pot odds the hero is receiving preflop at his point of action is 11-1. I use the word "approx" to qualify this since the BB will raise a nonzero % of the time. I just feel that getting these pot odds, and factoring in implied odds assuming I play well postflop, I can turn a profit on this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

When we have a proposition in gambling, we need an outcome. If I were to say, "I'll give you 11:1 that poster Sublime loses 50 pounds in the next year", you aren't going to blindly take that bet, are you? You shouldn't, as you should be getting better odds. (like 11,000:1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Saying "I'm getting 11:1, I call" is blindly betting. Think of your outcome(s), do some math as the PokerStove stove link eludes to and you will find that 76o is a fold in this spot.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I get the feeling this is a trick question and im walking into a bear trap......

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you are a competent poker player and can read a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
anyways, the approx pot odds the hero is receiving preflop at his point of action is 11-1. I use the word "approx" to qualify this since the BB will raise a nonzero % of the time. I just feel that getting these pot odds, and factoring in implied odds assuming I play well postflop, I can turn a profit on this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

When we have a proposition in gambling, we need an outcome. If I were to say, "I'll give you 11:1 that poster Sublime loses 50 pounds in the next year", you aren't going to blindly take that bet, are you? You shouldn't, as you should be getting better odds. (like 11,000:1). Saying "I'm getting 11:1, I call" is blindly betting. Think of your outcome(s), do some math as the PokerStove stove link eludes to and you will find that 76o is a fold in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, I have never used pokerstove to make these kind of decisions and I never will, and I dont think anyone else should either. Theres just too many variables, like how I play postflop and how others play postflop,that pokerstove cannot guage. Im calling here preflop cuz I believe I can turn a profit on this call. Do I have proof of this? Have I played this hand in this spot a million times and kept score? No. So I cant prove to you that calling is better than folding, although I strongly believe it. And certaintly no mathematical equation is going to sway my opinion either. What I do know for sure is, the idea that preflop is a clear fold is simply ridiculous. Preflop is inherently close, so close that I sincerely believe that 70 years from now when im on my death bed, my last words will probably be..."76o, who gives a [censored], why did I waste one second of my time on something that doesnt even matter."
Old 11-29-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im calling here preflop cuz I believe I can turn a profit on this call. Do I have proof of this? Have I played this hand in this spot a million times and kept score? No. So I cant prove to you that calling is better than folding, although I strongly believe it. And certaintly no mathematical equation is going to sway my opinion either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep believing then. I would much rather know.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Keep believing then. I would much rather know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Yoda, I'll start keeping track now and I'll let you know when im 90 how its worked out.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok Yoda, I'll start keeping track now and I'll let you know when im 90 how its worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Closed minded, you are. Be your downfall, it will.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect here Mr. Tall, I just need to point out that you have offered up no more evidence as to why this is an easy fold than ILOVEPOKER has to why it is an easy play. While I am confident you are right. I would love it if you could bust a little math move for me.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect here Mr. Tall, I just need to point out that you have offered up no more evidence as to why this is an easy fold than ILOVEPOKER has to why it is an easy play. While I am confident you are right. I would love it if you could bust a little math move for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's right joe, ya can't blame people for being closed minded if you don't offer any evidence.