Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Wii Virtual Console games

Square is no longer exclusive to Sony/PS, FWIW.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Square is no longer exclusive to Sony/PS, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior games will probably come to the VC eventually. Square-Enix isn't "agreeing" to anything, it's a joint moneymaking venture between them and Nintendo.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:34 PM

square still develops final fantasy games for nintendo: crystal chronicles for the gamecube, tactics for the gba, english remakes for the ds, etc.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:34 AM

Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Super Castlevania IV, Toe Jam & Earl, and R-TYPE will be released on Christmas Day.

I'm pretty happy.

(source)
Old 12-23-2006, 01:40 AM

So has anyone actually downloaded or played anything? I got Super Mario 64 a couple of weeks ago and was pretty pleased with the swiftness of the process. Since then, I've had nothing but problems any time I try to go to the Virtual Console. Not that I have really wanted much of the dreck they've put out so far, but just to play around. But this interface is not functioning to my expectations AT ALL. Anyone else having this dreadful VC experience?
Old 12-23-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So has anyone actually downloaded or played anything? I got Super Mario 64 a couple of weeks ago and was pretty pleased with the swiftness of the process. Since then, I've had nothing but problems any time I try to go to the Virtual Console. Not that I have really wanted much of the dreck they've put out so far, but just to play around. But this interface is not functioning to my expectations AT ALL. Anyone else having this dreadful VC experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded Sim City a couple days ago and it played fine with my GC controller. I don't have a classic controller, so don't know how well that works.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded mario 64, and the legend of zelda. They both work great (using a game cube controler). The wii shop channel has been somewhat slow, but other than that, I haven't had a problem. Once, the wii told me that it had no internet conncetion, but when I tried again, it worked fine. It hasn't been perfect, but it gets the job done.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:54 AM

ok...this may be a retarded question, but how do I get the wii online? If I just set up a router will the wii get online by itself? thanks a lot.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:22 AM

yeah, u go into setup and it searches for wireless networks like ur computer does; choose the one that's yours and enter wep key if u have one...it'll connect and u'll be good to go

make sure to update to get forecast and then go to shopping channel for free d/l of opera web browser
Old 12-23-2006, 11:16 AM

Nabbed SM64 this morning, and dear god this game was amazing. I haven't played it in years, but I still remember it like the back of my hand. Blew through 5 stars in no time at all. And I got to see the little baby penguin. Man did I torture that thing when I was a teenager. I think I spent more time in that stage than any other.

Other games big with the nostalgia: Sonic, SimCity, F-Zero.

Sweet game that's new to me: Gunstar Heroes.

Looking forward to Toejam & Earl, SF2 and Castlevania when I get back from Christmas. I'll probably grab SMB at some point, but not right now.

The VC is like crack. I hate to imagine what would happen to me if they had more games up.