Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: OSU-MICH conspiracy theory.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just glad I'm not in a position where I have to root for Notre Dame <shudder>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is quite a dilemma. A lot of Michigan fans I've talked to said they are going to hope USC crushes ND and then blows it against UCLA. Me, I have no qualms: I want what's best for Michigan. A chance to win a national title is the best thing, so whatever maximizes our chances of that happening is good. Letting me disdain for ND overcome that is silly. That's letting the terrorists...um, Notre Dame...win by showing them you care more about (hating) them than your own team's chances.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:32 PM

The thing that sounded fishy to me was when the announcer said this was the second time that the field was replaced this year. Anyone wanna explain to me why they did it twice? and the last time right before the big game knowing it wouldnt have time to set???
Old 11-22-2006, 01:42 PM

The first resodding was terrible.
They had 3 wks between the Minnesota and Michigan games to get it done and have it set. From the article, they started work Oct 30th.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OSU had a new artificial turf just installed recently. This was the first game played on it I belive. The field made it impossible to get good footing. Keep in mind im a Michigan fan obviously but it seemed like Michigan off. and def. players were slipping left and right while OSU players seemed to have no problems making adjustments. The turf was so bad in that you could not cut on the run, all you could do was run north and south. OSU players looked very comfortable on it. As if they had practiced on it before and were aware of the condition. If this is the case it would be a huge advantage for them.

Was this gamesmanship by Jim Tresell? Keep in mind I don't put anything past that man.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. At least do your school a favor and swear nuetral alligency or something, this is a joke. Feel Shame.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that sounded fishy to me was when the announcer said this was the second time that the field was replaced this year. Anyone wanna explain to me why they did it twice? and the last time right before the big game knowing it wouldnt have time to set???

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it fishy? Did OSU believe bad turf would benefit them? It doesn't seem clear that either team would have an advantage. It is certainly possible that one team was more likely to benefit than the other, but I seriously doubt they made that analysis and used it as a basis for resodding the field.

Anyway, the field as in horrid shape before the resodding.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Michigan- The Aggies of the North

Anyone else want to get on the excuse bandwagon?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're pretty hard to match.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:02 PM

I've brought this up before, and Michigan players were for sure slipping more often and in more crucial situations, but using it as an excuse is ridiculous.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:21 PM

perhaps the mich players slipped more bc they werent as good athletes, didnt have the agility, balance, coordination, anticipation and quickness of the ohio state buckeyes.

also, they were likely nervous thus lacking the mental fortitude.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OSU had a new artificial turf just installed recently. This was the first game played on it I belive. The field made it impossible to get good footing. Keep in mind im a Michigan fan obviously but it seemed like Michigan off. and def. players were slipping left and right while OSU players seemed to have no problems making adjustments. The turf was so bad in that you could not cut on the run, all you could do was run north and south. OSU players looked very comfortable on it. As if they had practiced on it before and were aware of the condition. If this is the case it would be a huge advantage for them.

Was this gamesmanship by Jim Tresell? Keep in mind I don't put anything past that man.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. At least do your school a favor and swear nuetral alligency or something, this is a joke. Feel Shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2006, 04:37 PM

pokerraja,

If you were at the game would you use the urinals?