Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: San Diego VS Broncos Sunday night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it were 3 or more, I wouldn't particularly like it, but I feel good taking Denver at home. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as I predicted, this game was totally unpredicatable. All over the map. I wouldn't have been surprised if Denver had won. I'm not surprised San Diego pulled off another UNBELIEVABLE comeback.

It wasn't a +EV game to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you when Den was up 17 in the 3rd? When you can prove that you've never lost a bet, maybe then you can chime in with the "I told you so." I'll take Den giving under a FG just about everytime. That's certainly +EV in my book.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just as I predicted, this game was totally unpredicatable. All over the map. I wouldn't have been surprised if Denver had won. I'm not surprised San Diego pulled off another UNBELIEVABLE comeback.

It wasn't a +EV game to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you when Den was up 17 in the 3rd? When you can prove that you've never lost a bet, maybe then you can chime in with the "I told you so." I'll take Den giving under a FG just about everytime. That's certainly +EV in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Denver was up by 17, I was watching 6 Feet Under. I was able to watch most of the comeback.

I have made MANY -EV bets. And apparently so have you. You will be all the better off, once you realize that this bet wasn't a good one. Have you not noticed that SAN DIEGO scores more points than any one else?

And, keep in mind, a football game is 60 minutes long. A 17 point lead is only good while it lasts.

If if Denver had won the game, I still don't think it was a good bet. Maybe you didn't see the Oakland - Denver game the week before. Denver is losing steam, while San Diego is gaining.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have made MANY -EV bets. And apparently so have you. You will be all the better off, once you realize that this bet wasn't a good one. Have you not noticed that SAN DIEGO scores more points than any one else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply disagree with you that betting Den at home giving less than a FG is a bad bet. Since when does offense trump defense in the NFL? I will more often than not take the big defense when facing a big offense.

[ QUOTE ]
And, keep in mind, a football game is 60 minutes long. A 17 point lead is only good while it lasts.

If if Denver had won the game, I still don't think it was a good bet. Maybe you didn't see the Oakland - Denver game the week before. Denver is losing steam, while San Diego is gaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're entitled to your opinion and I still disagree. Under your logic, Green Bay was a good play this week since NE was losing steam (2 straight losses) and GB was gaining steam (3 straight wins and pushing for a playoff spot). Fortunately, I didn't take the team that was gaining steam.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM

Denver is playing with many injuries, which was magnified by the Oakland game, which is always a hard hitting rivalry game. For the record, I took the over 42, though it was more due to my faith in the Chargers to score rather than the Broncos offense or home field advantage. That was a tough game to take a side as there are so many reasons for each side. I do think that Denver is losing steam.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:18 PM

Jibba,

canada_dry is essentially a troll

put him on ignore like me
Old 11-21-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jibba,

canada_dry is essentially a troll

put him on ignore like me

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, Grasshopper agrees with me. Ignore all you want nob...