FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Its Bullshit..
<25% 51 20.08%
25%-50% 80 31.50%
50%-75% 65 25.59%
75%-100% 58 22.83%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Re: How are the police allowed to do this?

black people are scary
Old 11-14-2006, 09:21 PM

I didn't read the rest of the replies.

So the police are on higher alert in that area due to criminal activity. They see a car come through and notice what makes the police suspicious:

[ QUOTE ]
They noticed the driver "looking very suspicious" as he looked back and forth at the police several times.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this time, it alerts them and they begin following this car. Now, they can't just stop him because he looks "suspicious," but they can follow him for as long as they want and wait until he violates a traffic law, which gives them probable cause to make a traffic stop. This came when they noticed he didn't have a front license plate, which is probably a law for residents of this area? Pennsylvania doesn't have a front license plate law, so I don't know, but I'm assuming that it is standard for cars registered in that state. They could have followed him and stopped him for anything like not using a turn signal, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, or any thing else that is a slight violation just for the probable cause to check out what is going on.

Police asked for his driver's license, which is standard, where he didn't give it to them until being asked 3 more times. This alerts the police more, don't you think? He is being more suspicious. If he didn't have anything to hide, why would he be acting this way? I'm not saying he is/was hiding anything, but he could have just came forth with his driver's license and that would be the end of it. I highly doubt that the police knew who he was beforehand, and even if they did, it's still standard procedure what they did up to this point.

The police ask him to get out of his car, being on higher alert, they probably want to search his vehicle or search him. It doesn't say why, so I'm just guessing.

Weary then became more verbally combative and then pushed an officer away. They gave him a chance to put his hands on the vehicle and when he took a step toward the officers, they shot him with a taser.

It's very standard. I don't know why you, OP, think they did something wrong.

Just because he is black has nothing to do with it. Don't be judgmental. If this happened to any other person (white), you wouldn't be starting this thread. And just because he is a pro football player it doesn't mean he has immunity to the laws.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
STFU Dementia

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I just won't jump on the bandwagon of "OMG he really didn't steal that car, they just stopped him because he was black".

No one here were in their shoes at the time. No one saw the looks he exchanged to them, and if he went so far as to shove them and berate them as they alledge, you can bet he stared them down in a way that'd raise suspicion. If giving the people we trust to protect us the benefit of the doubt is wrong, I guess I am a racist.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He was missing one of his license plates...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a law in some states?

In arizona, NO ONE has a front plate

[/ QUOTE ]

When I lived in Iowa I was pulled over for no front plate - it's required in many states.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am tired of the "racial profiling" hysteria.

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good. Rather than ignoring it, they questioned him, and ended up being shoved and taunted.

Would you rather law enforcement turn blind eyes to avoid possibly making a mistake, or would you rather them pursue every hunch within reason, and nab some car jackers?

Should airport screeners not unfairly profile shady looking Muslims, and instead 'randomly' frisk old white women in the name of political correctness?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with your line of "reasoning" is that in the U.S. you are supposed to be protected from search and seizure without probable cause (remember that Constitution thing?). The fact is that a very small percentage of all races are actually criminals. Therefore, you can't pull someone over on the basis of their race. You need probable cause. Not relative cause.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
STFU Dementia

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I just won't jump on the bandwagon of "OMG he really didn't steal that car, they just stopped him because he was black".

[/ QUOTE ]
No, because you are being an annoying assmunch about it.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes everyone else is on the "bandwagon" because they are right and you are wrong.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so many police are racist mo fo's

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they're just realists. Don't you ever watch "Cops"?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
STFU Dementia

[/ QUOTE ]

No one here were in their shoes at the time. No one saw the looks he exchanged to them, and if he went so far as to shove them and berate them as they alledge, you can bet he stared them down in a way that'd raise suspicion. If giving the people we trust to protect us the benefit of the doubt is wrong, I guess I am a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't the desire to trust police that makes you a racist.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the belief that the higher conviction rates of blacks justifies that a cop should NATURALLY be suspicious of them that makes you a racist.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am tired of the "racial profiling" hysteria.

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good. Rather than ignoring it, they questioned him, and ended up being shoved and taunted.

Would you rather law enforcement turn blind eyes to avoid possibly making a mistake, or would you rather them pursue every hunch within reason, and nab some car jackers?

Should airport screeners not unfairly profile shady looking Muslims, and instead 'randomly' frisk old white women in the name of political correctness?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bolded part is the reason people have problems with racial profiling and why your argument sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Argument doesn't suck, and you pointing out the "scary" part is quite racist, I assume that you think that all black people look scary. The reason he is a scary-looking black dude is because Weary looks like a scary looking black dude.

Below are some pictures for comparison of scary looking Weary and some non-scary looking black people.