Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Nice PeelS Jennicide

Enon, this is a pretty easy thing to get a handle on. Just open up stove, run the flop equity and then run the turn equity when some of those outs are picked up to see what the implied is like (looks like a 5 is good a bit over half the time and a J close to 60%). Flop peel looks good and the turn peel is a bit short.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"for example if shes plannin on raise a turn, or river its fine"

oh wow, pls dont bluff raise my 3bets with jhigh on the big streets. i hate when players do that. i would proly leave the table in the face of such expert play.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice response. good job looking straight past the point. have you ever played in one of these games? were you watching the past hundreds of hands between these two players? you have no idea what your talkin about, so stfu with the pathetic simplistic responses. I didnt say her play was correct, but ask any experienced high stakes player and they will tell you they would absolutely consider a flop call under the right circumstances. berating her flop play is downright retarted, almost as stupid as claiming it all comes down to a math problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

you seriously, think peeling the flop with the intention of bluff raising the turn is a good play here? it is math. enon has a high percentage of showdownable hands and on this board he aint folding.

edit to say he aint folding enough of them.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:22 PM

not every time. thats not what im suggesting.. her jack or 5 could be good, on top of the aforementioned backdoor draws. She might get checked to sometimes; combined with all that, betting or raising this turn (not necessarily FREQUENTLY) makes calling this flop fine.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:22 PM

i highly doubt she was calling with the intention of bluffing later on
Old 11-09-2006, 11:26 PM

welltimed, what stakes do you play?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:27 PM

lol at total bluff raising in limit. No one ever folds anything ever for any reason whatsoever.

No.

Never.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 PM

WT, don't mind Victor. He's right that there isn't enough value in a turn raise to count some extra outs here, but thinking in that direction is something that most people don't catch and it's perfectly legitimate to point that angle out.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at total bluff raising in limit. No one ever folds anything ever for any reason whatsoever.

No.

Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

SH limit explained in 30 words or less.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:49 PM

Yes, I've been working with Jenn lately and folding this flop is bad. We have position, 4 cards give us a straight and flush draw, 6 other cards give us a flush draw, we have 6 cards that give us an 8 out straight draw, 6 outs to a pair that's frequently good, and then 6 more cards give us a gutshot. The only problem with peeling this flop is it's hard to tell whether we should peel on the turn if we hit one of those 6 cards that gives us a gutshot and not a flush draw. But I certainly would versus some opponents, not Enon specifically, but versus certain opponents I definitely would.

If this hand is badly played, it's just barely.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I've been working with Jenn lately and folding this flop is bad. We have position, 4 cards give us a straight and flush draw, 6 other cards give us a flush draw, we have 6 cards that give us an 8 out straight draw, 6 outs to a pair that's frequently good, and then 6 more cards give us a gutshot. The only problem with peeling this flop is it's hard to tell whether we should peel on the turn if we hit one of those 6 cards that gives us a gutshot and not a flush draw. But I certainly would versus some opponents, not Enon specifically, but versus certain opponents I definitely would.

If this hand is badly played, it's just barely.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically what you're saying is that against a preflop 3 bettor heads up we should call on the flop just about anytime because one will always have some kind of backdoor draw or backdoor two pair that could possibly win us the pot. Ok now I know how the top LHE players think. Thank you.