Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 10:06 PM

Default Re: How long does it take you to fall asleep?

Mine varies a lot depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes I will lay down and watch a movie to fall asleep to. It takes a little longer then. If I wait to get into bed until I'm actually tired then it does not take very long at all - probably around 5 minutes tops.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:07 PM

Interesting distribution on the results...
Old 11-10-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

When you are laying in bed for 2 hours, why dont you just get up and go do something? Are you tried and feel like ure about to fall asleep but cant, or are you just in bed because you figure you should be, even tho you arent really that tired?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a combination of both I guess. I don't want to go to sleep too late and end up waking up at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. When I do wait for a while, it'll still often take me at least a half an hour though. I'm very surprised that so many of you fall asleep within 5 minutes without any medication or anything. Even when I'm drunk, I'll still toss around for 10-15 minutes.

The other problem is that I absolutely hate waking up to an alarm.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to go to sleep too late and end up waking up at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. When I do wait for a while, it'll still often take me at least a half an hour though. I'm very surprised that so many of you fall asleep within 5 minutes without any medication or anything. Even when I'm drunk, I'll still toss around for 10-15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, This sounds like it came out of my own mouth.

To All who fall asleep in under 15 min, Enjoy what you have, it sucks to not be able to sleep.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tylenol PM

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom recently bought Tylenol PM to help her go to sleep, and I looked at the active ingredients to find that the ingredient that makes you drowsy is Benadryl. What a gyp. So I guess this is an FYI. The PM in Tylenol PM is Benadryl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was common knowledge.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 AM

I would say 1-2 minutes, once in a while it takes me like 15 minutes but never more than that. It probably helps that I only sleep like four hours a night and never nap so by the time bedtime rolls around I'm tired as [censored] and just pass out. Take tonight, I'll probably fall asleep instantaneously because I only got 2 hours of sleep last night.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:25 AM

Too damn long. Probably over an hour on average, bad nights can be 2 hours+. I took Ambien for awhile, but it only helped marginally, I think. What really sucks is that I can easily fall asleep during the day on the couch or whatever, but never in bed at night. Plus I wake up several times during the night, so the sleep I do get is never as good as it should be.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to go to sleep too late and end up waking up at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. When I do wait for a while, it'll still often take me at least a half an hour though. I'm very surprised that so many of you fall asleep within 5 minutes without any medication or anything. Even when I'm drunk, I'll still toss around for 10-15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, This sounds like it came out of my own mouth.

To All who fall asleep in under 15 min, Enjoy what you have, it sucks to not be able to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you two here, it takes me on 1-3 hours to fall asleep at night. I don't have classes right now fri-mon and everynight I stay up later and later until I "go to bed" on tues morning at 7 or 8 and wake up at 9 for my 9:30 class. I almost dread going to sleep at night because I waste so much time trying to sleep. Doesn't matter if I've been awake for 3 hours or 60 hours. To all of you that can fall asleep in under 5 minutes, I'm extremely jealous and can only wish I could do it.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
about 20 minutes or so, how often I am awake during the night according to sleeptracker is more interesting though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sleeptracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your ZZZ/100?
Old 11-10-2006, 02:55 AM

Depends how much I had to drink. If sober, around 20 min.