Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Cant win anymore - no matter what

Good Luck with it.

What's the job situation like in NI? Are you likely to be able to find a reasonable job at short notice if you need to? Or do you need to start looking now?

Also:
With all respect it's reading posts like your that make me think that I probably wouldn't go pro even "IF" I ever get good enough to consider it. I don't think I could handle the pressure of the swings.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:41 AM

quit
Old 11-09-2006, 09:42 AM

Hey man, usually I'm an arse to these kind of posts...but I fell bad caues you have kids...so I'll try to be nice.

How many hands is this over? Also, even with a $10,000 bankroll you really don't have a proper roll/cushion to do this with 3 kids. Now I'm not saying $10K isn't enough for 5/10 limit (cause it is) I'm saying odd things happen in this profession and you need a bigger cushion. For example, right now 123poker has $7K of my money hostage, also codepoker held my money for over 6 weeks. Things like that, plus people hacking accounts, and mnay other things can happen.

Also I hope you truely do know that fulltilt etc. isn't rigged....OBV...and you're just saying that cause you're frustrated. When you concentrate on a site being "rigged" and don't concentrate on "fixing your play" then you're obviously not playing your "A" game. Plus when you hit a downswing like this, you start to tilt and just look for excuses. I'm sure a good portion has been to getting unlucky, but also I bet you're playing your C'ish game.

My suggestion: quit poker now, you really don't have a big enough roll (if you hae 3 kids) and you should get the steady job. Maybe if you get overrolled in the future (make a goal like $30K saved up), you can try again, but seriously man, YOU GOT KIDS! Get a job and stop whiny...think of them and not yourself. It's one thing to take a shot single..it's another with 3 kids..and YES, with $10K playing 5/10 limit and only $2.5K saved as a cushion, you are indeed taking "a shot."
Old 11-09-2006, 09:44 AM

Why did you get fired?
Old 11-09-2006, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wages are low in N.Ireland. A fully trained solicitor with 5 years experience could only expect to be on around 25-30K. My annual income (including benefits) was far more than that this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

but how much does the pimp get?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do I need a break from poker completely? This might make me worse as I have 3 kids to support and if I dont play and win we dont eat. Should I try a different room? I raked it in 95% of days on Party so this is a shock to my system on full-tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest trying to get your mom to take care of your kids and then killing yourself.

I know I suggest people "drink draino" and similar things a lot, but here I'm serious. It would be the best thing to do for your family.

If you can get a life insurance policy and make it look like it wasn't suicide you should try to do that as well. Best of luck not living any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey hey, play nice
Old 11-09-2006, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im taking what is left of my roll out of FullTilt and will try somewhere else - maybe Stars. I had $10K roll (plus £3K for 6 months living in backup) when I started full-time in Jan grinding 3/6 so Im back where I was then basically.

[/ QUOTE ]

3k for 6 months living backup? WITH 3 kids?

That's what? 5k american?

that'd be lucky to last me a month
Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 AM

Its'a nice!

But seriously, you aren't nearly as good as you think you are and you berate players at the tables. You deserve everything you're getting.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here is the final hand that I will ever play on Full-Tilt
Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $8/$16
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.75BB

He had KJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you both chased a gutshot and hit on the River, his was better. How can you complain about that?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:19 AM

have you tried 'not losing'? That's a start in the direction of winning at least.