Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: For those who do have kids, were you ready financially when you got your chick pregnant?
No 16 14.29%
Yes 30 26.79%
I don't have kids 66 58.93%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2006, 10:23 AM

Default per se BBV

My fiance has wanted to go to per se for a long time, and her birthday is New Years Eve, so I called up per se to see if I could get reservations. They only take them 2 months in advance, so yesterday at 10am I started calling. I couldn't get through for about 30 minutes, and then when I finally got through, I got "the last reservation they had" for 5:30pm for two people. Price fixe menu is $600/person. It's arguably the best restaurant east of the Mississippi. It's also going to cost at least $1500 after drinks, tax, and tip. It's also dinner at 5:30 (that will probably be done around 9) followed by figuring out what to do until midnight and whatnot. I have until tomorrow to hold the reservation with a credit card and will talk to her about it tonight, but first, I ask you, BBV:
Old 11-01-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: per se BBV

<font color="red"> Beats </font>
<font color="green"> Brags </font>
<font color="#666666"> Variance </font>

[ QUOTE ]
My <font color="green">fiance</font> has <font color="red"> wanted to go to per se</font> for a long time, and <font color="red"> her birthday is New Years Eve </font> , so <font color="#666666"> I called up per se to see if I could get reservations </font> . <font color="green"> They only take them 2 months in advance </font> , so yesterday <font color="red"> at 10am I started calling </font> . <font color="red"> I couldn't get through for about 30 minutes </font> , and then when I finally got through, <font color="green"> I got "the last reservation they had" </font> <font color="red"> for 5:30pm </font> for two people. <font color="purple"> Price fixe menu is $600/person </font> . <font color="green"> It's arguably the best restaurant east of the Mississippi </font> . <font color="green"> It's also going to cost at least $1500 after drinks </font> , <font color="red"> tax </font> , and <font color="#666666"> tip </font> . It's also <font color="red"> dinner at 5:30 </font> <font color="#666666"> (that will probably be done around 9) </font> followed by <font color="#666666"> figuring out what to do until midnight </font> and whatnot. I <font color="#666666"> have until tomorrow to hold the reservation with a credit </font> card and <font color="red"> will talk to her about it tonight</font> , but first, I ask you, BBV:

[/ QUOTE ]

Merry Christmas
Old 11-01-2006, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Beats </font>
<font color="green"> Brags </font>
<font color="#666666"> Variance </font>

[ QUOTE ]
My <font color="green">fiance</font> has <font color="red"> wanted to go to per se</font> for a long time, and <font color="red"> her birthday is New Years Eve </font> , so <font color="#666666"> I called up per se to see if I could get reservations </font> . <font color="green"> They only take them 2 months in advance </font> , so yesterday <font color="red"> at 10am I started calling </font> . <font color="red"> I couldn't get through for about 30 minutes </font> , and then when I finally got through, <font color="green"> I got "the last reservation they had" </font> <font color="red"> for 5:30pm </font> for two people. <font color="purple"> Price fixe menu is $600/person </font> . <font color="green"> It's arguably the best restaurant east of the Mississippi </font> . <font color="green"> It's also going to cost at least $1500 after drinks </font> , <font color="red"> tax </font> , and <font color="#666666"> tip </font> . It's also <font color="red"> dinner at 5:30 </font> <font color="#666666"> (that will probably be done around 9) </font> followed by <font color="#666666"> figuring out what to do until midnight </font> and whatnot. I <font color="#666666"> have until tomorrow to hold the reservation with a credit </font> card and <font color="red"> will talk to her about it tonight</font> , but first, I ask you, BBV:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quality.

/mc
Old 11-01-2006, 11:12 AM

I think the results of the poll should depend on how hot your fiance is. Pics plz.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> Price fixe menu is $600/person </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
What is purple supposed to be?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">BASTARD</font>, obviously
Old 11-01-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">Balla</font>, obviously, ship it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2006, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's also dinner at 5:30 (that will probably be done around 9) followed by figuring out what to do until midnight and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your fiance, it's her birthday, it's new year's eve and it's a $1500 dinner. You BETTER be getting laid at SOME point.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's also dinner at 5:30 (that will probably be done around 9) followed by figuring out what to do until midnight and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your fiance, it's her birthday, it's new year's eve and it's a $1500 dinner. You BETTER be getting laid at SOME points.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM

Fly her to Napa for the weekend and take her to French Laundry (same guy, better location). Rough cost:

JFK to Oakland tickets with advance purchase: $500-600 total.
Car rental. $120 for the weekend.
Hotel. $500 for 2-3 nights.
Dinner. $600 for two.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:F...27addition.png

Then when you're there, tell them you want a decent reservation at per se for Valentine's Day. And none of this 5:30p crap.

Slightly more expensive. Infinitely more balla.

Edmond