Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 PM

Default Re: BD\'s 15 Worst Franchises in Sports

Man, those 9ers and their 5 titles while some teams in the league haven't won a playoff game or gotten to the Super Bowl. Man they are the worst Franchise. I'll give it that I don't like York, nor do I think the team has been run well over the last 10 years or so but I don't think it's one of the worst run franchises over the length of the league.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:19 AM

No love for the Golden State Warriors? They last made the playoffs in 1993-94. Add them and bump the Browns up. Definitely drop the Dodgers, Vikings, and 49ers. Lions are easily a top 5.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:23 AM

I did a find-and-search for "Jets" and didn't find. Nice.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:37 AM

"I guess your ignoring the fact that they have one of if not the best run farm system in the majors."

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, considering that's is 100% luck, yes I'm ignoring that. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why having the best ran farm system is 100% luck, be careful when you answer this.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:51 AM

I'm assuming this list is "worst right now" based on your Raiders pick, if thats the case the Clippers should not be on that list, I think they're just below the Spurs, Suns and Mavs this year in the West.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:01 AM

"I'm assuming this list is "worst right now" based on your Raiders pick, if thats the case the Clippers should not be on that list, I think they're just below the Spurs, Suns and Mavs this year in the West."

K-Slay-

This list confused me. At first I figured it was the worst franchises right now but then I saw the Clippers and the Dodgers on there. Then I assumed it had to be of all-time but then there were teams like the Niners on there, hell the Dodgers and the Orioles or Phillies wouldn't be deserving in that regard. Then I thought maybe it had to do with bringing in money and fans but once again, the Dodgers are on their and they are second to only the Yankees--the Phillies I believe are right at top 10. I dunno what the thought process was here but hey good effort.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 AM

Baseball:

Add --> Pirates, Brewers

Subtract --> Dodgers, Phillies

Football:

Add --> Texans

Subtract --> Vikings

Basketball looks good.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the florida marlins have won 2 ws in the last decade. that's more than some franchises have ever won. and they did it in a terrible baseball market without losing millions.

jeffrey loria is a terrible owner and i'm sure he'll ruin the team, but they've been one of the best franchises of the last decade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flukes happen.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Florida Marlins are one of the worst run organizations ever, but no one has noticed because they got lucky, twice.

In 1997 the won the WS and immeidtaly disbanded basically the entire franchice. In 1998 traded for/re-traded Mike Piazza as part of a complicated salary dump...

In 2003 they did the exact same thing with Mike Hampton to dump Preston Wilsons salary, didn't make any serious attempts to improve the team but randomly had some good pitchers come up and made a token signign of Pudge as another WS fell into their larp.

They of course let everyone go withing 2 years, creating an eventual team of 12 year olds to play in 2006 which again somehow went over .500. However despite this they fire their manager.

The current owner is Jeff Loria who basically bankrupted the Expos. This entire organization is an absolute joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have spent little money and still been competitive and won championships...isn't that the ultimate goal in sports?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ultimate Goal in the World Series of Poker is to win that, does that mean Robert Varkonyi is a great player?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:12 AM

There's a huge difference between the WSOP and the professional playoffs. You can't bring that up.