Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Actors who you couldn\'t picture as a bad guy/good guy

[ QUOTE ]
Has Giovanni Ribisi ever played someone truly clean cut? Even his "good" guys seem a little off, with just a thin coating of slime. He plays a great bad guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did a good job as the medic in "Saving Private Ryan".
Old 10-30-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sammuel L Jackson. I dont' think he could ever play a completely good guy. his acting style demands some level of complextion to his roles.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, What about Star Wars?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:33 PM

Clancy Brown cannot play a good guy(he's Kurrgan in Highlander, the head guard in Shawshank).

Kevin Costner can't really play a bad guy...but an argument could be made that he can't play anyone.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clancy Brown cannot play a good guy(he's Kurrgan in Highlander, the head guard in Shawshank).

[/ QUOTE ]

Also Brother Justin in Carnivale. You're right. But strangely I had a super big crush on him from Carnivale. I think it was because he was so [censored] up and such a good bad guy.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will Smith won't be able to play a Bad guy in my eyes. It'll just be laughable i think. I mean, he's the Black guy every white person can love, there's no way he'd be convincing as a straight villain (though i'd love to see him play a Dolemite role, just for the comedy of america's black sweetheart busting cracka skulls).

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought he played one pretty convincingly in Six Degrees of Separation

Great film. Might change your mind about that.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sammuel L Jackson. I dont' think he could ever play a completely good guy. his acting style demands some level of complextion to his roles.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, What about Star Wars?

[/ QUOTE ]

He sucked in that movie, plus he role wasn't as much of a good guy as a guy that isn't the villan. Qui Gon would probably be the 'good guy' of that series, and i think thats about it. Obi Wan, IMO, doesn't count.

Plus, Sammy L killed Boba Fett with extreme prejudice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will Smith won't be able to play a Bad guy in my eyes. It'll just be laughable i think. I mean, he's the Black guy every white person can love, there's no way he'd be convincing as a straight villain (though i'd love to see him play a Dolemite role, just for the comedy of america's black sweetheart busting cracka skulls).

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought he played one pretty convincingly in Six Degrees of Separation

Great film. Might change your mind about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't seen it, so i'll have to check it. Was he really the villan in it though? i've only seen the begining, but he seems more conflicted than a straight bad guy.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:50 PM

If he hadn't have done Once Upon a Time in the West, I'd say I couldn't imagine Henry Fonda as a bad guy. But he was so good as the ice-hearted Frank, you completely forget all those other great Henry Fonda roles.

I can't imagine Sean Connery, Cuba Golding or Mat Damon as a bad guy.

George Clooney would be tough to imagine that way too, but he might just be able to pull it off.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he hadn't have done Once Upon a Time in the West, I'd say I couldn't imagine Henry Fonda as a bad guy. But he was so good as the ice-hearted Frank, you completely forget all those other great Henry Fonda roles.

George Clooney would be tough to imagine that way too, but he might just be able to pull it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Matt Damon was pretty convincing as a psychopath in 'The Talented Mr. Ripley', and he was a pretty convincing f*ckup for the first half in 'Good Will Hunting'.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talented Mr. Ripley? The Departed?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kevin Costner can't really play a bad guy...but an argument could be made that he can't play anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure he can. It's just that it's the same character no matter what the movie is.