Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you piss (males only)
I'm fat and I often sit 5 9.62%
I'm skinny and I never sit 20 38.46%
I'm skinny and I often sit 17 32.69%
I'm fat and I never sit 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Globalization or Atomization?

To use a real world example, Britain moves closer to the EU and at the same time creates regional assemblies for Wales and Scotland.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:19 PM

can 120 countries force the other countries into their global goverment??
Old 10-29-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To use a real world example, Britain moves closer to the EU and at the same time creates regional assemblies for Wales and Scotland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying.

I see it as two separate forces, one globalizing and one atomizing. Sort of like granting one civil liberty and restricting another simultanously.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:53 PM

I suggest you review high school American History. The first United States failed miserably because the federal government didn't have enough power.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you review high school American History. The first United States failed miserably because the federal government didn't have enough power.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll try my hand at AC here. Forgive me if I'm not very good at it:

Government schools have brainwashed you into believing that the lack of power was the cause of problems. What actually happened is that the problems were caused by government. What you thought were problems like the imposition of burdensome tariffs on interstate or the inability to defend themselves weren't actually caused by the lack of government, they were caused by government existing in the first place.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:46 PM

I think that about sums up what I expected to hear.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since your metric for success is power, yes, it by definition "failed". Of course, not everyone shares that idea of a victory condition.

[ QUOTE ]
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others were cowards and hypocrites. They never had the courage to recognize their motives. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. How does one man assert his power over another? By making him suffer. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. In our world, there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement – a world of fear and treachery and torment. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

-- Alexander Hamilton (OK, not really Alex, but you should know where it came from)