Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 09:34 PM

Default quick clarification

[ QUOTE ]
He did only say he generally tries to keep the pot small OOP. Considering he's only reraising a couple hands for value he wouldn't have to reraise with something else (suited connector, lower pps) often at all to balance this.

[/ QUOTE ]

let me clarify something, this is not my strategy at all times when playing HU.
i have played against a couple of different players who i had no problem reraising quite liberally OOP.

however the thing was in this match la was not raising as frequently on the button as i would expect, and therefore i did not feel the need to reraise as often.

normally in HU matches there is a ton of raising on the button, however la was playing a little more passively then normal preflop.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: quick clarification

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He did only say he generally tries to keep the pot small OOP. Considering he's only reraising a couple hands for value he wouldn't have to reraise with something else (suited connector, lower pps) often at all to balance this.

[/ QUOTE ]

let me clarify something, this is not my strategy at all times when playing HU.
i have played against a couple of different players who i had no problem reraising quite liberally OOP.

however the thing was in this match la was not raising as frequently on the button as i would expect, and therefore i did not feel the need to reraise as often.

normally in HU matches there is a ton of raising on the button, however la was playing a little more passively then normal preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

the RR isnt the issue.. its declaring you have a big hand and then giving him a free card if he desires, when you really dont have that great of an idea of where he is at in the hand. even AQ he may decide to check the flop if he thinks theres a good chance you have him beat here.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: HU 100-200 vs hung la

Hi rbk,

If u were playing online im sure you agree that you should go bust on this one. Bet flop and call AI or whatever. When your playing live there are reasons not to go broke here... foremost is that you may not be able to reload or only be able to reload once or so... I guess this is why u played it like a whus?