Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 07:59 PM

Default Re: This is what I do to wack MC\'s.

dj all of your posts are hidden brag posts with these weird plays. Please move up and try these on me ASAP. btw i dont like. if he folds u already have him beat.

->3 corbin
Old 10-23-2006, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dj all of your posts are hidden brag posts with these weird plays. Please move up and try these on me ASAP. btw i dont like. if he folds u already have him beat.

->3 corbin

[/ QUOTE ]

its not about trying them on you. its about making sweet plays in the right situation, against the right opponent. sometimes they dont work, but most of the time they do. Yes i'm proud of this play, but i'm also trying to stimulate some outside-of-ABC thinking, because thats what makes good players great.

If i just posted boring standard hands like many people do, that would be lame as hell.

(and i hope that >3 isnt the opposite of a <3.)
Old 10-23-2006, 08:11 PM

I dont like this very much. The standardplay on flop has to be C/C and reevaluate on the turn. As some people say you maybe can get your opponent to fold hands like TT-KK with your turn C/R but the problem is that these hands should not really be in his range if he is betting the turn. If he is any good he check the turn with those hands, therefore >AX is probably the only hands he is betting for value on the turn. If he is weak enough to fold a Ace the turnplay is OK but I actually think you will get looked up by an ace very often.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:53 PM

Flop c/r seems pretty awful. You're turning your hand into a bluff, putting yourself in a crappy spot OOP on the turn, and building a big pot with a marginal hand. Those are bad things to do.

As played, turn is pretty sexy.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 PM

I hope this play inspires people like TWP's 4bet theory =]
Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 PM

DJ i don't even know which way that 3 thing goes. Also i like your sexy lines and i do it myself but just in general outside the box and 2 + 2 don't seem to mix well. Maybe i am going to go into the 100th level of thinking and say that you post these hands to create an image for yourself on these forums so that when people play with you they will think you are some crazy bluffer... kind of like how grim does.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DJ i don't even know which way that 3 thing goes. Also i like your sexy lines and i do it myself but just in general outside the box and 2 + 2 don't seem to mix well. Maybe i am going to go into the 100th level of thinking and say that you post these hands to create an image for yourself on these forums so that when people play with you they will think you are some crazy bluffer... kind of like how aejones does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, don't try to get people on this forum to think any way other than the generally accepted "2+2 way." Often times that way is right, don't get me wrong. However, there are just too many opinions in my opinion that have come from the same high authority and learned from this website. Too many generalities that have already been established as the best way "mathmatically" to play a hand, or whatever. I am all for out of the box thinking, however, in going through that hand, I feel like it's a little too outside of the box, and seems like there are just better ways to play it.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:14 PM

Nah, I don't deliberately post things that look crazy so that people will call more against me. Its just that the only hands I DO post are generally crazy (or at least non-standard), because if they aren't crazy or non-standard then theres no reason to post them. I either already know the answer to those hands, can work it out myself, or I just ask a few people for their opinion.

I'm not really a crazy bluffer, though I do take opportunities when I see them. Like in this hand, I saw an opportunity and I took it. Very rarely will I go into a hand thinking that "double c-r will be my line this time", but every new piece of information I get leads to new possibilities, from which I choose the one I find to be best at the time.

And while I obviously am partial to sexy lines like this, there are good reasons beyond just wanting to do something cool so I can post it. I would much rather try something crazy and have it fail (thus learning from the experience, and choosing more wisely the next time) than stick to normal lines and devolve into a stagnant game. And of course when it works (which it usually does if the spots are chose wisely) i've not only won the pot, but i've seriously f-ed with the villain's head, and anybody else who might have been watching. Opponents will be much more afraid of you if they know you are capable of doing things like this, and having my opponents afraid of me is always a good thing. Additionally, in this poker climate, the winningest players now and in a few months are going to be the ones who adapt most to their surroundings and other players, and can vary their play the best to new conditions. (That is generally true always, but especially when the presence of fish is threatened)
Old 10-23-2006, 09:18 PM

<cue dustbustr post>
Old 10-23-2006, 09:28 PM

what's with the flop c/r? looks really bad unless you cr lots of flops and he's already adjusted to this and will call/push with worse hands