Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 06:35 PM

Default Re: River value bet with top pair?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop can be argued either way. With the three early limpers generally you are behind with KQo. Yes a raise may buy you the button, but the pot odds for cold callers is even better (and you arent getting hands like AQ or AK or another KQ too fold most likely) and you are going to have trouble folding any flop due to the high pot odds you will have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Better to have a problem in a 12 sb pot as compared to a 6 sb pot. The more unsure the beter it is to build a big pot PF (assuming you have an edge which you should with KQ) as the postflop mistakes either become less costly or totally go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree with this. I think raising KQ or not depends on who the limpers (i.e. does KQ have an edge or not). I think the whole keep the pot small to force others to make postflop mistakes comes when you have really good reads on the other players. Otherwise, I think you are likely the one to be put in a bad spot postflop.