Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars - 6max players get shafted when it comes to FPPs

Whoa.. ty for doing this OP. I didn't realize it was that bad.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:25 AM

Bump in the hope of getting a response from Lee.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 PM

rebump =[
Old 10-19-2006, 11:42 PM

The only reason it looks different is because you're basing it on MGR. That's why it looks like Full Tilt players get hosed playing six max with bonus and rakeback.

You play a $50 pot at full ring and one at six max, the rake is going to be the same but the MGR of the players is not. It's much more reasonable to look at it as a percentage of the rake taken off the table rather than rake taken divided by players.

If you look at it that way the same pots are going to get the same rake and the same points. The people who get screwed are the ones who play the most pots that get raked but don't get a point, those in the 100-200 NL games.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason it looks different is because you're basing it on MGR. That's why it looks like Full Tilt players get hosed playing six max with bonus and rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do 6 max FT players get hosed? If anything it looks like you would do very well with RB playing 6 max there.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do 6 max FT players get hosed? If anything it looks like you would do very well with RB playing 6 max there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it looks like they get hosed. At full ring, bonus + rakeback works out to about 71% of rake returned. At six max, it's like 53%. But at six max, it's actually a higher percentage of the rake taken off the table. It just looks worse because at six max the MGR is one sixth of the rake taken off the table rather than one ninth and the bonus is released on straight rake rather than MGR.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:11 AM

I'm curious to know what kind of rakeback the 3-6 and 5-10nl (6 max) is like for stars. This is what I primarily play. I feel the games are softer and people are playing at fulltilt and UB since the rakeback is better. I used to play at Party and since the ban I've played at Stars and it seems easier. I guess its kind of a balance. Numbers would be appreciated.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:00 AM

I would be really appreciaed if anyone could estimate the figures for $3/$6, $5/$10 & $10/$20 Fixed Limit full ring games. Or let me know how to calculate it then I will get samples for you all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 10:59 AM

Everyone has been making suggestions to PokerStars and Full Tilt on how to become better so as to get our business...Do you all realize the poker landscape has changed? Yes, they'd love our business. And yes, they are staying open because they want our money. But really, there are two major sites staying open to Americans and its where most of us will play. I think Tilt could get rid of rakeback and Stars could get rid of their point program and a lot of us would still play there.

Evolution of our opinion of Stars:

We love Pokerstars, they have decent software and great support, better than Party Poker.

What Lee? You're on the fence about closing shop to Americans? This sucks, really wish you'd stay.

Oh my God, you're staying! This is f*ing awesome.

Um, hey customer service...we'd like a better rakeback-esque program because yours is not to our liking. If you don't change, we'll leave.

So leave already, head to Full Tilt or Absolute...I hear WPEX has no rake, I'm sure that guarantees the fish.

Flame on.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:57 PM

by my calcs over 3k+ hands, 1/2 6m NL PS fpps are worth ~$2.15/100. anybody know what it is for FT?

also, do they even have the same rake structure?