Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Official Poker Site/Network Tracking thread

Raw data sourced from PokerSiteScout , with permission.

Daily data represents the 24 hour peak Active Real Money Ring Game seats, at each site/network.
Sept Peak represents the max peak at each site across the entire month of September.
Change: Day of Week difference from last week (ie Sat vs Sat last week)
Color Coding: Green(+) and Red(-) represents increase or decrease from previous day
Also added 7 day avg, and a few more days
Sites sorted by 7 day avg
Old 10-15-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerSiteScout would be much more useful if it published average traffic statistics and ranked accordingly. For example add up 24 hourly measurements taken during a day and divide by 24.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stellar, I agree with this... it would be great if Scout stored all the raw data and could calculate a daily average traffic based on all the data points collected (supposedly its polling data every 10 minutes).

Scout, is it possible for you to enhance the site with this info?
Old 10-15-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7653363

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no real information concerning AP in this link. Excapsa was purchased by the parent of bet21.com, one of its own skins.

I call BS on the UB-AP merger until someone produces an actual source.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK.. clarification that Blast Off = AP
Old 10-15-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerSiteScout would be much more useful if it published average traffic statistics and ranked accordingly. For example add up 24 hourly measurements taken during a day and divide by 24.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stellar, I agree with this... it would be great if Scout stored all the raw data and could calculate a daily average traffic based on all the data points collected (supposedly its polling data every 10 minutes).

[/ QUOTE ]
We're planning to add a column to the homepage for a 7-day moving average. Look for it in the not-too-distant future.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We're planning to add a column to the homepage for a 7-day moving average. Look for it in the not-too-distant future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Scout, I think that will be a great addition... any thought to also adding a average of each days data points?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:00 AM

(This is only the top 15 sites, I'm not bothering tracking the others too carefully)

All of this is from PokerSiteScout
Old 10-16-2006, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerSiteScout 24-hour maximums are always going to overrate the size of Euro-centric sites compared to sites with successful worldwide diversification. It's the nature of the method. It's why networks like Tain that have no actual players rank so highly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when Tribeca announced they were taking over Tain, I started paying more attention to them and noticed they have a very stable player base throughout the day compared to sites ranked above them, like Crypto, Microgaming, etc. Add in the Tain players and the simple fact that they're the only real choice for U.S.-facing skins that want to switch networks (unless Excapsa starts taking U.S. skins again and treats them reasonably this time), and Tribeca could be the company that benefits the most from the UIGEA situation.

Another thing I noticed was that traffic dropped across the board over friday and saturday, but everyone except OnGame increased their peak on sunday. OnGame continues to plummet and Paradise will again since they're still peaking during U.S. hours right now.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:47 PM

Raw data sourced from PokerSiteScout , with permission.

Daily data represents the 24 hour peak Active Real Money Ring Game seats, at each site/network.
Sept Peak represents the max peak at each site across the entire month of September.
Change: Day of Week difference from last week (ie Sat vs Sat last week)
Color Coding: Green(+) and Red(-) represents increase or decrease from previous day
Including 7 day avg, and 8 days rolling
Sites sorted by 7 day avg
Old 10-16-2006, 04:22 PM

Sciolist... any chance we can get you to reveal some rough generic info on the change in tournament traffic at Stars?

Thanks for posting the graphs...
Old 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM

Sniper,

In a few days or weeks from now, after the pre-ban party numbers fall out of a 1 or 2 week moving average, the real results will be known. The moving average in your spreadsheet for party understates how many player that they have lost.