Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Re: PP Monster Cash

Ummm, how exactly do you guys plan on fighting this in the first place.

Lets face it, if they wanted to give you nothing they could have done that and there's not a damn thing you could have done outside of sending a bunch of angry e-mails or hunting down Dikshit on the streets.

I very much anticipated the possibility that I would get nothing for the entries.
I actually thought they might just continue with the monster thing and all the U.S. players who couldn't play in it would be left in the cold and Party would say, "Too Bad, So Sad."
Old 10-13-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, how exactly do you guys plan on fighting this in the first place.

Lets face it, if they wanted to give you nothing they could have done that and there's not a damn thing you could have done outside of sending a bunch of angry e-mails or hunting down Dikshit on the streets.

I very much anticipated the possibility that I would get nothing for the entries.
I actually thought they might just continue with the monster thing and all the U.S. players who couldn't play in it would be left in the cold and Party would say, "Too Bad, So Sad."

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, I presume they have class action suits in England?

I stopped playing at party, so I don't really understand the monster promo, or the numbers behind the compensation.
But if it really as aggregious as folks say, the class is pretty easily identified, and I'm sure some british firm would be happy to take 30% of 6 million, or whatever the shortfall is.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:21 PM

If such a suit is really able to be filed and it had a realistic shot then I'd be happy to jump right in. Always interested in a chance to make even more money.

Although having cashed-out my tourney-entries I might have already made myself ineligible for all I know.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:48 PM

Yes, like I said I'm no barrister, but I don't see why cashing out the freeroll comp would make you ineligible to be part of a class action suit. If they owe you money they owe you money.

If it's at all like the US, being part of the class could just amount to somebody giving you a call to tell you they're sending you a fat check.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:28 PM

I played exactly two Monster SNGs like two months ago (wanted to see how long it'd take to get a weekly entry). One $10 NL, finished 4th. One $10 *limit*. Mis-clicked, and didn't realize it until the middle of the first level. "Why is everyone min-raising?" indeed!

Won that one. I'm pretty sure the $10s paid out cash + freeroll to 1st. After the two SNGs I was basically breakeven cashwise.

2 months later, $100.

I prolly should have played the weekly into a monthly seat in the last couple of weeks, but hey. Free $100.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Won that one. I'm pretty sure the $10s paid out cash + freeroll to 1st. After the two SNGs I was basically breakeven cashwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your $10 STT had 10 entrants paying $10 + $1 each.

Party took their $10 in rake and the remaining $100 was the prize fund.

First place would get $25 plus a weekly final seat.
2nd place would get $15
3rd place would get $10

The "missing" $50 was donated (by you) to the main event prize fund. And that's the point - it seems clear that Party are not even repaying all of the $50 "donations" that have been made to the main event prize pool- it seems that they are just pocketing the extra cash.....
Old 10-14-2006, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your $10 STT had 10 entrants paying $10 + $1 each.

Party took their $10 in rake and the remaining $100 was the prize fund.

First place would get $25 plus a weekly final seat.
2nd place would get $15
3rd place would get $10

The "missing" $50 was donated (by you) to the main event prize fund. And that's the point - it seems clear that Party are not even repaying all of the $50 "donations" that have been made to the main event prize pool- it seems that they are just pocketing the extra cash.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, if a weekly seat is $50 and they're paying out $100 in cash then they are. Yes, you can make the argument that the weekly seat has more value than $50 because of the chances of winning a monthly and/or final seat. I'm not interested in re-doing that work, but given that multiple people have come up with multiple different answers it's not like there's a "correct" amount we could point at. Even if there was, it's a trade off of EV and variance (or was, before US players were shut-out and the event was cancelled).

Also, how was the $50 donated "by me"? In a normal SNG on Party, isn't it 50/30/20? Wouldn't that $50 donation be paid for by all 3 players who cash (25/15/10)?

Either way, I paid $22 to enter both tournaments, won $25 in cash after the second one, giving up $25 in normal profit for $100 in cash later. Even if I didn't get "full value" for the weekly seat, I got more than I paid for it (even if you use the $50 number) when I could have gotten exactly $0 (if Party said "suck it, Trebek!" or if I'd played and not won a monthly seat).

I'm not all that upset.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not all that upset.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hypothetically, if you listened to all the marketing hype about the Guaranteed Monster Grand Final with an estimated prize pool of $30-$40 Million, won 1 of the 1st 1,000 seats into it expecting your seat to be worth $4,000 - $5,000, but got $1,800 from Party as the "full calculated value" would you be upset?

Or hypothetically, if you had one seat in the Grand Final, were told after 7 emails to Party that you would receive the "full expected value of that seat", and then saw that they divided the "Guaranteed" Final Prize Pool of $14.5 Million by 8,000 seats (instead of the 1,000 seats won or 2,400 seats expected based on Monthly seats won) and gave you $1,800 instead of the $5,500 that was the "full" value of the seat would you be upset?

Party advertised a Guaranteed prize pool of $14.5 Million. To fund that "Guaranteed" prize pool, Party raked $9.5 Million from cash and tournament players, then added a "Guaranteed" $5 Million in seed money. They advertised it for months. Then they paid out $6 Million and kept the difference.

Am I happy I got $3,700 for my seats? Of course. But I cannot for the life of me see why people don't get why someone like me who was effectively told they would get $9,000 (based on the "full" expected value of my seats) wouldn't be upset or disappointed.