Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Kill Phil Charts (Version 1)

KQs is in Group 6.. because it is a suited connector(group 6)so it plays sometimes KQo doesn't. However sometimes you drop the lower suited connectors but keep KQs because it is 2 paints.

RZ
Old 01-06-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KQs is in Group 6.. because it is a suited connector(group 6)so it plays sometimes KQo doesn't. However sometimes you drop the lower suited connectors but keep KQs because it is 2 paints.

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]

KQo is in group 7. KQs is listed in group 6. Group 7 which includes KQo plays more often than group 6. KQs is actually listed by itself in these situations but from the way i'm reading things KQs could just be included in group 7. Perhaps I'm having a huge brain fart and misreading things. If so please tell me.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]

KQo is in group 7. KQs is listed in group 6. Group 7 which includes KQo plays more often than group 6. KQs is actually listed by itself in these situations but from the way i'm reading things KQs could just be included in group 7. Perhaps I'm having a huge brain fart and misreading things. If so please tell me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the online chart, it plays a bit differently then the other charts, Suited connectors go down in value but Big cards go up. thats why you see 7 playing more then 6 on that chart. You need to see them all to understand.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM

Does anyone else here have a problem with the reproduction of the actual charts from the book? I feel that reprinting these charts goes well beyond any "fair use" provisions.

I have ordered the book and am awaiting my copy.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else here have a problem with the reproduction of the actual charts from the book? I feel that reprinting these charts goes well beyond any "fair use" provisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you receive your book, you will see that there are no charts like this in the book. The charts will be sold seperately, but are not available yet.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing like those charts in the book, they layout the way certain hands should be played, these charts were created off that advice but not any kind of a reproduction, just somebody creating a study aide for the book since the official charts from the authors are not avaible yet.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:01 AM

Thank you. This post explains why creating this chart is OK.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:24 AM

No problem. As I stated in my post I have not read the book and have it on order. Having seen the cards referenced in other posts and then seeing a chart (which appears to have reproduced directly from a book) it was a natural conclusion that someone posted a copy of copyrighted material. Thank you for the explanation.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:51 PM

That's an amazing chart NYJ, thank you for the effort! I broke down and paid retail at B&N for the book, and am about half way through it. Now I just have to see if I can get the book to pay for itself...
Old 01-08-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Kill Phil Charts

I have also ordered the book (damn hard to get in Sweden). Can anyone tell what CSI stands for on those charts?