Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Brainstorming: Ways Around the Internet Ban

Wow, I guess I didn't realize how far this had gotten. I'm still looking for what exactly the bill says. Anyone have any links for me? I'd really appreciate anything I can get so I can figure out what i'm going to do. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I guess I didn't realize how far this had gotten. I'm still looking for what exactly the bill says. Anyone have any links for me? I'd really appreciate anything I can get so I can figure out what i'm going to do. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having trouble working the buttons on your mouse today? If you press the left button (called "clicking"), you'll see the text of whatever you are "pointing" to.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:40 AM

Default What\'s missing is this discussion

The banking element of this bill is easy to work around.

The last time I read the bill, which is right after it passed Congress, I was most scared by the third part which allows the goverment to tell our ISP's which sites they have to block access to. Beyond poker this element of the Bill is even worse. This Bill's author started this Bill with the arguement that gambling is immoral and we need to protect the children. What will they decide to block next. If some site like Amazon is selling something they decide they don't like it, are they next.

Better yet, if one party gains power can they decide the arguements of the other are immoral and block any site that discusses it.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:23 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-01-2006, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something similar to this:

The Scattering

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain this, i don't understand

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a sci-fi reference to a fictional mass exodus. You need to read the Dune novels to make the connection.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:19 AM

Hello,

I had this simple idea that might be stupid, but who knows...

Say you want to deposit $500 on an online Poker Room but your U.S. bank won't let you.

How about you send that money to someone who does not live in the U.S., though Paypal for eample, and then that person transfers that money back to you on the poker room itself? (At least Pokerstars and Party allow you to do that) I think I see how a website could be set up to connect players who want to deposit and others who want to help.

Non-U.S. players could help U.S. players this way. Obviously, there's the trust issue, but that didn't stop Ebay from working.

Maybe as an incentive players who help make the deposit can retain à $5 flat fee or something similar?

Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:30 AM

I'm sorry, but isn't the U.S. the "Land of the Free"?

WTF are you worrying about?

It's not like Hitler achieved power by passing one freedom restricting bill after another, after another...

No worries at all...
Old 10-01-2006, 10:37 AM

My phone card in and neteller out thread in the legislation forum.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I had this simple idea that might be stupid, but who knows...

Say you want to deposit $500 on an online Poker Room but your U.S. bank won't let you.

How about you send that money to someone who does not live in the U.S., though Paypal for eample, and then that person transfers that money back to you on the poker room itself? (At least Pokerstars and Party allow you to do that) I think I see how a website could be set up to connect players who want to deposit and others who want to help.

Non-U.S. players could help U.S. players this way. Obviously, there's the trust issue, but that didn't stop Ebay from working.

Maybe as an incentive players who help make the deposit can retain à $5 flat fee or something similar?

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

many others have mentioned having a friend in Europe do this for you or something.

I'm not a big fan of this.

YOU finding a way to fund the site yourself actually isn't a felony.
But if somebody funds the site FOR you then that can be sonstrued as a felony.

So if they look through your bank-records and/or somehow determine that your $500 to your pal in England was to launder it to a poker-site then I think they can be held legally responsible for funding the gambling for you.

So this 'friend' of yours now would be bet to make sure he stays the hell out of the U.S.

This is all a VERY novice interpretation of a really long-shot circumstance that perhaps COULD happen.

But I really think you are better having a bank or something else overseas do it for you then using a 'friend' in Europe.

Also, it is entirely possible that it will remain relatively easy to fund the accounts from your bank to neteller, etc.

I just wanted to address one potential issue I have with the idea of using a friend in Europe because, to me, what they are doing looks more illegal then what you are doing and you shouldn't be asking that kind of 'favor' from anyone imo.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My phone card in and neteller out thread in the legislation forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems far and away the best option brought forth thus far.