Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 PM

Default Re: thank you

Why did you post this? With only 21 posts made entirely I have to question the reasoning for this post.

I can say two things. First I have quit other things before, some by choice, some by circumstance and some by fortune. We all make choices, we all have choices made for us and we all have to bear the results of those choices with our continuing existance.

In all my choices however I never once choose to broadcast my choice to quit something to others. It serves no purpose, other than self gratification. It serves no benefit other than moral justification. It is the action of a fear looking for vindication and appeasement.

If you quit something that is not beneficial to you, there is no need to apologize for it. If you quit something that gives you joy, helps yourself or others and improves the quality of your life then you have to accept responsibility for your choices and not ask for forgiveness from anyone but yourself.

If you want to know why you are quitting don't blame the results, understand that the results are not relevant. Understand that poker is a game and quitting a game is not relevant.

But if you are posting here thinking that poker represents some other failed aspect of your life then learn from that, judge that and fix that or live with the consequences.

Poker in all its elements has no bearing on that which is important but why I play it does for me today and now.

When that is no longer the case, then I shall no longer play.

Some people believe poker is a manifestation of mathematical probabilities that can be witnessed and exposed beneficially for themselves.

Others like myself believe poker as an outlet which gives us a window into our own being, a mechanism by which we can learn who we are and what we can do because it challenges our mind in ways that other events cannot.

So I ask, without needing an answer because that answer is only important to you:

Why did you post that you are quitting?