Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Re: The Fishtank: Kazana

[ QUOTE ]
1. Jameson or Bushmill?
2. Hurling, Rugby, or Soccer (football).

[/ QUOTE ]
1. None of the two. I can't drink any whiskey or brandy or similar stuff without painting it all over the place. I kinda had a "whiskey experience" at the age of 17. Haven't been able to touch it ever since.

2. Soccer > Rugby > Hurling
I spent 16 years in Germany, so soccer being number 1 is fairly natural, I guess. I've also been fairly successful at soccer during my junior years.
I enjoy watching rugby, especially the tri-nations, but I couldn't play it to save my life. Butterfingers...
I haven't seen much hurling by now, but from what I've seen it seems to be a rather brutal, extremely quick sport. So it's got potential.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:48 AM

what the the most common mistake you do?

take on tilt? prone to it or not? if so how do you battle it.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how did u get ur name?

[/ QUOTE ]
Long story. You have asked for it, you shall be punished.

My name stems from the days when my brother and I were still playing a lot of counter-strike.
Some night out with a few buddies, we started calling everything and everyone kazana<insert name here>, just like some local german hiphop group did in one of their songs.

We ended up using kazana as part of our CS nicks, my brother being KAZANAbunny and myself KAZANAchicken. Pwning in CS we grew fairly famous around a few servers (Not that I was playing all that great - but my brother has been competing in some top european league for about 2 years after that, so he knows how t play that game).

Anyway, we got bored of CS and quit. But the nickname got revived when I spent 3 years in South Africa, finishing my studies at the University of Stellenbosch. They played some good 1.6 over there, and I dug out the old name, shortened it to "kazana" and caused some havoc on the server. I'd usually try to knife a player I haven't killed before, so the name did stick.
After my 1st year at campus, more people knew me by kazana than by real name.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:59 AM

would you post your graph or pt stats?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what the the most common mistake you do?

[/ QUOTE ]
Suspecting someone's trying to buy the pot. So showing down 2nd best hands is probably my biggest leak. I'm working on it, but I find it hard to keep my WTSD under 25%

[ QUOTE ]
take on tilt? prone to it or not? if so how do you battle it.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I'm not untiltable, I very, very rarely go into tilt mode. Usually, I'm so disgusted, I'll take a break anyway. The real problem occurs when I'm on positive tilt from winning a few pots in a short time. That's when I get too eager.

Yesterday for example, I've quadrupled my stack in about 7 hands at one table. The first two all-ins were spot on, but then I called an all-in which I should have not.
Some guy shove over the top of my massive bet (after reraise preflop) on a T83r flop, I had QQ and called - not a good thing to do. Turned out he had JJ, so I got pretty lucky there.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:06 AM

Great idea and I love the name. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2006, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you post your graph or pt stats?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've posted my lifetime graph a week or two ago in the beginners forum to give them some example of how a players progress could go.
One typical player's progress - be warned, this post is very long and should be boring for most experienced players.

I don't mind posting PT stats, but you'll have to wait until this evening - don't have my DB at work. Which stats are you interested in?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:26 AM

Tks for this kazana - v.interesting - I like long tl;dr posts, and I forgot that your saving for St Kitts, I think I mentioned in the SSNL cheez thread I was saving for Barbados too.

I like the name, esp now I know the story behind it - my read was well off LOL.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:49 AM

Poker Background?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Background?

[/ QUOTE ]
Short version: Started playing March this year. After one month of donking around & trying different games, I started playing more seriously and building a roll whoring limit games.
2 months later: After a few boni and much frustration at limit, I moved to FTP and started at NL10.
Currently, I'm migrating to NL100 6-max. Slowly but surely getting used to the changes and settling in.