Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone else?

Me and a friend were playing at the Trop like 4 years ago. We were both in college, so we didn't have much money. We were playing 2/4 or 3/6. I took a break from playing 10 hours of poker and while walking around, sat at a nickel slot machine with 20 bucks. I don't know the details anymore, but I was doing well with the 9 lines and 3 bets per line or whatever. I cashed out 100 bucks, and I put in a 20 again, and said to myself, "break is over after this twenty", and i'd go back to poker. One spin had all the bonus icons lined up, for like 60000 credits. I'm kinda drunk and sleepy, so I try to do some math in my head, and come up with $300. Cool. The machine is going nuts with lights and the attendant says...

"Congratulations, I haven't seen this jackpot go off for a couple months."
"$300 is a jackpot?"
"No, but you won $3000."

After taxes, the girl gives me like $1600, which is a crapload when you're in college.

I walk back to my friend and I ask him how much he was down, since I knew he was kinda taking a beating. He tells me $300. So I give him $300.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone else?

[hijack]

[ QUOTE ]
So i jumped in and told him to put alcohol on the hand since that will kill bateria better than water ever could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not wanting to be a nit, but dont do this. Ever. Not everything on TV works, and unfortunately I know this particular one first hand. At a work BBQ, we were playing football, and I got tackled and grazed my arm quite badly. I rinsed it out with water, and then tipped some vodka over it, basically because I saw it on TV. When I woke up the next morning, I felt like absolute [censored], because (a) hung over, (b) graze was infected, and (c) the vodka had burned my grazed skin and gotten underneath the nearby skin and burned that too. Antibiotics took care of the infection within a few days, but it took 2 years for the vodka burn mark to go away.

[/hijack]