Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Chicks and gambling for a living.

I wouldn't say something like "actually I didn't date you" because it will come off defensive but rather something like "ya one thing I look for is someone who wants me to happy with whatever I do, when someone isnt for my choice to play poker or whatever I find it really unattractive so I knew it wouldn't work either but you make a good friend so its cool" some BS like that in fewer words idealy.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:04 AM

Its been my experience that most girls, the ones something of a brain and decent personalities, are fine with poker/gambling if they feel that you are very knowledgeable/confident/etc. My ex gf was with me when I started and she was completely fine with it, and thought it was cool, but only because in reality, if you are just playing poker and have put a lot of time in it, its pretty opposite of what people think it would be.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say something like "actually I didn't date you" because it will come off defensive but rather something like "ya one thing I look for is someone who wants me to happy with whatever I do, when someone isnt for my choice to play poker or whatever I find it really unattractive so I knew it wouldn't work either but you make a good friend so its cool" some BS like that in fewer words idealy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still in to that Mystery Method stuff, huh [censored].
Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 AM

OP your "pro poker player" frame isnt nearly strong enough
Old 09-19-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

censored--

IMO this girl is into the OP in some way. she is saying these things to try to get to him, possibly because he was dating someone else or who knows.

by responding to her bate, you are doing exactly as she wishes. a much better line would be to completely ignore the "why we never dated" thing, as if you don't care (whether you do or not).
Old 09-19-2006, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still in to that Mystery Method stuff, huh [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess but mostly I just thought it was really rude and bitchy for her to say something like that and I wouldn't let some chick get away with it if I could help it. I think her "lazy" statement shows her true colors. There were ways for her to state her objections differently but based on what I read there she was using being "honest" as a opportunity to be a bitch.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:30 AM

The fact that she equates playing cards to being lazy means that nothing you say is going to help the situation - she really just doesn't understand at all, and doesn't care to.

She pictures you sitting around the house all day on the computer and equates that to "lazy", which means "boring", which is why she can't understand why anyone would date you. That's the mental image she gets when she thinks of you playing poker for a living.

The fact that it's not lazy at all - your brain is constantly working, thinking, making tough decisions - totally escapes her. Even if it didn't, she'd probably still prefer the construction worker, because chicks tend to respect physical more than mental activity in a man.

Solution: tell her to cram her ill-informed opinions up her dirty clacker. I mean really, "unda stand"?... I felt like gouging my eyes out.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:00 AM

There is absolutely a crucial difference between being a construction worker and a poker player and I think this is the difference she was trying to articulate (with almost no success)... maybe.

A construction worker actually CONTRIBUTES something to someone other than himself. He provides a service and is compensated. A poker player is strictly a leech who takes from others to make himself better off.

It's up to the individual to decide if that's right or wrong but there's not really any argument about what it is.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care what she thinks

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't care what she thinks, yet you created a post about how you are angry about her thoughts? I don't understand.

We are talking about gambling to pay the bills. Most people will have a negative perception of this.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely a crucial difference between being a construction worker and a poker player and I think this is the difference she was trying to articulate (with almost no success)... maybe.

A construction worker actually CONTRIBUTES something to someone other than himself. He provides a service and is compensated. A poker player is strictly a leech who takes from others to make himself better off.

It's up to the individual to decide if that's right or wrong but there's not really any argument about what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where you are wrong. when a poker player can work 10-20 hours a week instead of 40 he is allowed the time to do things socially and have more free time to truly help others. Not saying everyone does, but dont assume that every poker player is a leech. I'm only 21 but it seems feasable to me that you could play poker so you could spend more time with your kids. Seems like a non selfish reason to me.

Also i provide fish with beratement and other comments for entertainment at the price of their bankroll.