Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does working full time (at a desk) make your pants smell more than going to school?
No, that's weird. 135 63.08%
Yes, I've experienced the same thing. 22 10.28%
I don't know, I'm still in school, or my job does not involve sitting at a desk all day. 57 26.64%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2006, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Should the tape of Steve Irwin\'s death be released to the news med

I think the thrill of his shows was knowing that he was risking his life, but since it's on TV, he isn't going to die, since they wouldn't just show that on the discovery channel. On this particular documentary, I don't think they should show it - 1) for his family's sake and 2) I really don't want to see a man die.

That said, if there is footage, and it wasn't immediately destroyed, it will be hard for it NOT to show up on the internet somehow. The news media and other outlets will not show it (I hope). Tabloids may or may not...I don't know.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As someone who's seen a person get speared..albeit thru the leg... with a stingray barb...your wont see anything. It moves incredibly quick and then is gone...there is hardly any blood or anything. So basically the only reason you'd want to watch it is to get to see a person die--which isn't my cup of tea but I'm sure it is for a large # of the losers who frequent OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Human beings are fascinated by death. You've never watched the Zapruder film? You clicked away every time CNN showed Dale Earnhardt's car hit the wall?

The fact that there's no blood or gore makes me more inclined to watch, not less. If he'd been torn apart by a shark, I'd be much less interested in seeing it. I'm curious. How big was the ray? How fast was the strike? Did he see it coming? What must he have been thinking in the immediate aftermath? If you don't wonder these things or things like them, you seem pretty inhuman to me.

For the record, I'm sure there are plenty of gorey videos of people getting killed on the internet, and I have no desire to watch them. But I would watch this one. If that makes me a sick [censored], so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pudge..you can't say watching one person dying is differrent than another simply because one was an accident and another wasn't.

To want to watch a video to see how a person reacted as their being killed or what might be going thru the their head/facial reaction etc as they are being stabbed is the same as wanting to watch a Nick Berg video, a person being eaten by a shark, a public execution, etc etc

Your watching because you want to see the curcumstances of a persons death. It doesn't matter how or why someone dies...its the fact that you want a video to be shown so you can see the person die..and the manner in which they died.

I equate this as no different than the people who got upset with W. Herzog for not including the audio of Treadwell being eaten alive by the bear in Grizzly Man.

Pudge if you are in the camp that you'd like to see the video released and watch it yourself than I have to say it totally changes my opinion about u.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:14 PM

Is there a difference in the circumstances and method of the Nick Berg and Steve Irwin videos--of course.

Do the videos capture the same thing--yes

A person being killed--one accidentally and one on purpose...and their subsequent death from said killing.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the thrill of his shows was knowing that he was risking his life, but since it's on TV, he isn't going to die, since they wouldn't just show that on the discovery channel. On this particular documentary, I don't think they should show it - 1) for his family's sake and 2) I really don't want to see a man die.

That said, if there is footage, and it wasn't immediately destroyed, it will be hard for it NOT to show up on the internet somehow. The news media and other outlets will not show it (I hope). Tabloids may or may not...I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

the footage was shot by the cameraman who was one of his good friends, so I would assume it won't leave his hands unless he chooses to let it.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:19 PM

The footage has already been seized by the police.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 PM

Based on Boro's early warning that i breezed over of "I have to admit to a sick fascination and a desire to see the film of the incident. "

I may have been a bit harsh in tone...but still think it was a dumb post to start regardless..
Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM

Has anyone seen that Documentary titled "Bear Man" or something similar in which that guy goes to live with bears and then gets killed? Do they show the guy getting killed, and if so, would that be any different than this video.

If it did show the guy getting killed, I don't recall anyone getting up in arms about, because you know, he was just a moron who played with bears, not some famous tv guy.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:11 PM

The poor guy met an early and unfortunate death from a freak accident. Both Steve Irwin and the young family he left behind deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The poor guy met an early and unfortunate death from a freak accident. Both Steve Irwin and the young family he left behind deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they do. That was never the question. The questions were, if the video were available would you watch it, and do you think the video will be leaked.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen that Documentary titled "Bear Man" or something similar in which that guy goes to live with bears and then gets killed? Do they show the guy getting killed, and if so, would that be any different than this video.

If it did show the guy getting killed, I don't recall anyone getting up in arms about, because you know, he was just a moron who played with bears, not some famous tv guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was audio of him being killed and eaten and there was a bit of hubub about the filmmaker coping out and just listening to it on camera and not letting the audience hear it for themselves.

I agreed with Herzog...the tape should be burnt.