Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: sb openraises and hero is in the bb with 22-77.
call 12 32.43%
raise 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Demon 2: Dust to Dust - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]

"It also seems like EVERYONE can lose - if the demons all die, and it gets down to 2 villagers, the demon hunter, and the diabolist, and the village lynches the demon hunter - everyone lost. Is that right?"

That is a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this game is awesome.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:06 PM

A few thoughts on strategy for the game.

First, there's very few instances where we can learn who a live Demon is. An attempted possession of the angel, or if the priest or DH assistant are possessed. Also if somebody attempts to kill the player the Angel is protecting, although that's not a guaranteed Demon (could also be DH). In the case of the DH assistant being possessed, the DH should come out immediately, IMO, because the Demon's will then know who he is, and will probably destroy him at the first opportunity.

Same if the priest is possessed, but only if the Angel knows that the priest knows his identity. If not, you should consider it, and whether a 1 for 1 trade is worth it. That's a decision that will have to be made based on the game conditions at the time.

One last thing - the no lynch. I think this is something to be discussed today. The first day lynch is usually pretty random, and is more likely to hit a villager than anything. If we don't lynch a demon, the DH is going to be forced to kill somebody tonight - that somebody is more than likely to be a villager as well. There's also the danger of lynching/killing a good power character, which is hugely advantageous for the Demons. If we lynch nobody today, we will at least have some sort of information to work with tomorrow.

I don't know if that's the way I want to go, but I do think it's something that should be discussed at the very least.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"It also seems like EVERYONE can lose - if the demons all die, and it gets down to 2 villagers, the demon hunter, and the diabolist, and the village lynches the demon hunter - everyone lost. Is that right?"

That is a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this game is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is the ending we are all hoping for in reality isnt it?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same if the priest is possessed, but only if the Angel knows that the priest knows his identity. If not, you should consider it, and whether a 1 for 1 trade is worth it. That's a decision that will have to be made based on the game conditions at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would the priest know the angel's identity?

Anyway, I think it'll be clear from the game circumstances whether or not it's a good idea for the angel to come out with info that the priest is possessed..

[ QUOTE ]
One last thing - the no lynch. I think this is something to be discussed today. The first day lynch is usually pretty random, and is more likely to hit a villager than anything. If we don't lynch a demon, the DH is going to be forced to kill somebody tonight - that somebody is more than likely to be a villager as well. There's also the danger of lynching/killing a good power character, which is hugely advantageous for the Demons. If we lynch nobody today, we will at least have some sort of information to work with tomorrow.

I don't know if that's the way I want to go, but I do think it's something that should be discussed at the very least.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd rather the village lynch someone and the DH abstain, than vice versa.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Question:

"If the Village abstains from lynching during the day, does the Hunter have to kill someone at night?"

No. If the Village does not execute someone, the Hunter chooses whether or not to have a night kill.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:17 PM

Should we be talking about seer strategy right now? Just to piss SH off?
Old 08-28-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd rather the village lynch someone and the DH abstain, than vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the village does not lynch a Demon, the DH cannot abstain.

[ QUOTE ]

Why would the priest know the angel's identity?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Angel knows the Priest's identity. It's possible that it goes the other way as well. If so, and the Priest is possessed, that's very dangerous for the village. The Angel dies the next night, and the night after that, the Executioner could be possessed, and the Demon's control an extra three votes.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should we be talking about seer strategy right now? Just to piss SH off?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure seer strategy in this game is "passively wait & receive your information every morning, since you don't get any peeks."
Old 08-28-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Angel knows the Priest's identity. It's possible that it goes the other way as well. If so, and the Priest is possessed, that's very dangerous for the village. The Angel dies the next night, and the night after that, the Executioner could be possessed, and the Demon's control an extra three votes.

[/ QUOTE ]That seems like a bit of a stretch, since it's an enormous piece of information for the priest to have, and it's not mentioned in the rules.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:20 PM

I am the seer, I peeked Scott. He came up as 70% villager, with a 30% chance of Demon in the late afternoon.