Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Hobbs talks in full to you guys....

[ QUOTE ]
Define the level of Little Bus' retardation. Examples would be amuzing.

[/ QUOTE ]
there are just too many examples, but one of my favorites is he continues to gamble with the luckbox that is me. while drinking one night I've cleaned him out $900 betting on coin tosses and rps.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol that was rape, i have a question what was your biggest leak fixes in moving from micros to 2/4 and such basically biggest leaks u noticed playing 1/2 or 2/4

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to give you a simple response, but one that I feel is stil very important: learning that calling is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey hobbs, would you say this was a big leak of yours in fullring or shorthanded? more concisely, do you think this "leak" has bigger implications in fullring or shorthanded play? fwiw, i had to teach myself the same thing SH. my AF skyrocketed(along with all of my other stats)when i first began playing 3-6 handed and i had to be conscious of the fact that, as you said, calling is okay sometimes. i think in fullring small stakes, opportunities come up more often where we frequently need to raise to face the field with two or simply for value as there may be more draws against us with more players. i have noticed that the higher in limit i play the more SH play is crucial to success. i guess in fullring i generally agree with you, especially on the big streets in a not too multiway or HU pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
shorthanded ftw. that being said there are a lot of situations where calling is, like I said, ok in full ring and so many of us have been trained with this raise/fold mindset. One big example that comes to mind is dealing with UIed overs on the flop (somebody link the nate thread...)
Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imagine yourself at 2/4, 3/6 or 5/10 fullring .

one limper to you on the button.

what is your raising range if limper is TAG? what do you overlimp?

what is your raising range if limper is LAG? what do you overlimp?

what is your raising range if limper is fish? what do you overlimp?

how does the range vary according to it being an EP limp, MP limp, and CO openlimp? the forum thanks you.

[/ QUOTE ]

the tightness and looseness of blinds will matter so of course we need to consider that as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2006, 12:36 PM

Thanks for doing this Hobbs. I have several questions if you don't mind. What are your PT stats for full ring? What are your opening hand requirements for UTG and also for opening on the button? And how do you adjust to a decent aggressive player, i.e, he raises your bets more than he should? Do you call down more often or raise back? Thanks for your time.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have we played together at the 5/10 kill game at Foxwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive he hasn't since he doesn't play the 5/10 kill that often, and when he does, he plays it as a 45/55/3.5 LAG fish (Yes, his pfr is higher than his VP$IP since he straddles 100% of the time, and that's not really voluntary), and I'm sure you'd remember him.

Question for you Hobbs? If your Ruckbox is so huge, how have I owned you on the last 5 Credit Card Roulettes in a row?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have we played together at the 5/10 kill game at Foxwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive he hasn't since he doesn't play the 5/10 kill that often, and when he does, he plays it as a 55/45/3.5 LAG fish (Yes, his VP$IP is higher than his pfr since he straddles 100% of the time, and that's not really voluntary), and I'm sure you'd remember him.

Question for you Hobbs? If your Ruckbox is so huge, how have I owned you on the last 5 Credit Card Roulettes in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread seems to be getting sidetracked. Less TPH, more Lil Bus.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imagine yourself at 2/4, 3/6 or 5/10 fullring .

one limper to you on the button.

what is your raising range if limper is TAG? what do you overlimp?

[/ QUOTE ]
depends who weak he is postflop, but I'm rarely overlimping hands (probably SCers and one gappers and 22-44) and raise 55+, broadway hands, A8o+, Axs. I feel a TAGs open limping range is so small that we can afford to open our range because his is so confined.
[ QUOTE ]

what is your raising range if limper is LAG? what do you overlimp?

what is your raising range if limper is fish? what do you overlimp?

[/ QUOTE ]
with both of these guys I'd probably raise the same things as for the TAG, but add in a bunch more hands like suited kings and some other trashy hands that should show profit given our superior position.

[ QUOTE ]

how does the range vary according to it being an EP limp, MP limp, and CO openlimp? the forum thanks you.

[/ QUOTE ]
doesn't matter much with the fish or lag as they don't really think about position much to begin with and a TAG shouldn't be open limping anywhere but EP or else he is likely not a TAG.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what 2p2 poster has most influenced your player development?

[/ QUOTE ]
Daver/SFer. I owe most of my LAG style to his advice in these forums.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are playing live. some drinking has been going on. you look at one of your hole cards and see an A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise. while you are trying to decide what you want to order on the next round of drinks some punk behind you 3bets. do you just call the 3bet and proceed with the drink order to the waitress(your homies are waiting for you since it's your turn to buy), or do you look and see what your other hole card is before proceeding. i tend to just play it safe and call so i can complete the drink order.

[/ QUOTE ]
how about capping while proceeding with the drink order?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. What's your ratio of time spent playing to studying the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
not enough. I probably play 10-15k hands a month.

[ QUOTE ]

2. What's your day job if your not a pro?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a PhD student studying atmospheric chemistry
[ QUOTE ]

3. What the biggest pot you ever won?

[/ QUOTE ]
probably a little over 2k when playing 60/120 4 handed in vegas.
[ QUOTE ]

4. Do you run accross pros at Full Tilt? If so, can you post any interesting hands with them?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just started playing there and don't play high enough to begin with.

[ QUOTE ]

5. Why to you play limit instead of no-limit?

[/ QUOTE ]
I find limit much more interesting because you get to showdown a lot more and the game is more quantifiable.