FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Raising all the pairs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Limping > folding...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont argue with this but as I am trying to eliminate open-limping from my game ......

[/ QUOTE ]

While I was the poster boy for the neverlimp campaign, I'd still rather be rich than trendy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather be trendy, no wait ............ damn!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would u want to fold if their loose/preflop/weak-tight postflop

you can outplay them alot of pots postflop if thier this way why wouldn't you call? and what says that they cant hit flops hard when you hit them harder?

i dont catch ur logic

[/ QUOTE ]

i was saying to fold a pp against loose preflop/weaktight postflop players in relation to the implied odds they are giving you to hit a set. As far as outplaying this type postflop it doesn't matter if you had a PP or not. And as for them hitting the flop hard and you hitting it harder - it doesn't matter what type you are up against in that situation. But that's not going to happen a good % of the time. Of course if they are raising you with AK and you have 66, when the flop comes K-9-6 rainbow you are in great shape. But when they whiff and you hit your set you aren't going to get anything more out of them. As opposed to an aggressive player who will bet his overcards or a calling station who will stick around to see if an A or K hits on the turn or river.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Limping > folding...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont argue with this but as I am trying to eliminate open-limping from my game ......

[/ QUOTE ]

While I was the poster boy for the neverlimp campaign, I'd still rather be rich than trendy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is every one so against open limping ? If blinds are not tough, isn't it somewhat profitable to open limp ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what you are saying. If the blinds are not tough, then raising is just more profitable than limping. Mostly because you are for more likely to be playing alone with the blinds, rather than with some pesky player on the button elbowing in on your action.

Jam is just saying that if you don't want to raise (e.g. because of the aforementioned annoying floater to your left), than limping is clearly better than folding.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM

when facing a reraise, just do some quick estimations. if your getting about 10-1 w/ pot odds+implied, go ahead and call, if not, your not priced, so you fold.