Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Will Negranu EVER take a day off from HSP?

[ QUOTE ]
I want Ivey and Chip :/

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DN is the host for GSN... he's the one that actually organized the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false.

[ QUOTE ]
I would even go as far to say that a % of his buy-in is a re-imbursement from GSN directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the players who play are paid to play. I believe that they are paid an hourly rate, but I'm too lazy to look it up.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want Ivey and Chip :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Ivey please! Going from a way too outspoken Negreanu to an emotionless statue would be terrible for this series. I know Ivey plays great and everything, but watching him play is like reading hand histories before falling asleep.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never make crying calls anymore after watching him call those big bets like when he snaped Todd Brunson of for like 100k wit TPTK dude in an savage.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not Ivey please! Going from a way too outspoken Negreanu to an emotionless statue...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where you see an emotionless statue, others see an intense warrior. To each his own, I guess. I like to watch both Ivey and Negreanu play.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 AM

Default Hourly Rate

I heard in a previous thread that the players were paid $1,250 an hour, but I have not researched it myself. I'm also lazy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cringe when he starts doing his ghetto talk or talks to Mihn Ly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This shows a total lack of class in life. Does he not realize that his racist antics are being broadcast on national television?

P.S. Don't forget his disgusting Israeli accent to Eli last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh jeeze come on Cool, don't be so sensitive. They're not racist comments - he doesn't say anything against African Americans or anything like that. He just was talking in ebonics. Who's to say he wasn't trying to talk like Eminem or Vanilla Ice?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:56 PM

I thought I saw one episode where he told Eli that the Jews were responsible for all the wars in the world.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DN is the host for GSN... he's the one that actually organized the game.

I would even go as far to say that a % of his buy-in is a re-imbursement from GSN directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong. the show is done by henry ornstein - which basically means he puts up the money. he has mori & erik actually put the show on for him - produce/consult/cast, etc...

dan may have a connection to GSN...i don't know that to be untrue, but have never heard of it before.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I saw one episode where he told Eli that the Jews were responsible for all the wars in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was funny mel. about danny boy though, the kid does have a whiney little voice and likes to think he is right all the time. definitely very annoying. his jokes are corny as hell and his impersonations show what kind of sheltered canadian dweeb he is. there is a difference between having fun with and flat out insulting people.

possibly worse is hearing norman chad hyping him up on WSOP episodes lately...forgot which ones but you knew from the ass-kissing, that danny boy would have a good run. just last night, they show a short clip of him telling hte guy to his right what cards he had. surprise...this time he actually read the guy correctly and the announcers act like he is the zen master of reading people. you never hear a comment trashing him for the other 9 times that he is totally wrong.

i dont see the charisma some people do...or what poker shows try to hype up. dude looks like he is balding 12 year old geek. if any of your girlfriends think he is cute or has a funny personality, well, better make sure she takes her meds.