Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Official 2006 Buffalo Bills Thread

RJ did everything he could to win that game. we got unlucky (or screwed by the refs, whatever). other than that one game, he was unimpressive. he had a lot of guts, and he tried his hardest out there (he better, with that paycheck), but he just wasn't a good QB.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rob Johnson was a great competitor, excellent athelete and a good leader. Unfortunately, he isn't a QB. He should've been a linebacker or something, instead - he never had that innate ability for the quick release or finding the open seam like a good QB needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. His inability to get rid of the ball quick enough was pretty much the sole reason for his inept play. He had a lot more guts than anyone ever gave him credit for - just watch the Titans game. Of course if Flutie ever led a 2 minute drive to set up the apparant game winning FG with a missing shoe, ESPN would've blown their load for months about what a courageous performance it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have this game on tape somewhere. I always try to convince them that Johnson won that game for them, but nobody ever believes me. The fans also forget that they had no offensive line(still don't), he took beating after beating and kept getting up and trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever feel like going on a killing spree and need something to fire you up, watch the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. P. Price catches a 3rd down ball to put them in FG range, but it's ruled incomplete and then not reviewed. Next possession, McNair scrambles short of the 1st down and the game is stopped for a ball spot review...overturned. Titans FG misses on the last play, penalty for "defensive holding" - rekick. So it's 12-0 at the half when it should've been 9-3. I swear to Christ that I've seen nothing like it before or since - it was like watching a Pro Wrestling match.

CDxx,
I agree. You guys are smart fans; I take it you don't hang out at TBD?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:57 PM

This is a bad bad football team. I will do a full analysis later, but this is a team that has 4-12 written all over them.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:41 AM

Keep in mind that Eli Manning looked just as bad as JP Losman in his first year. One year can make a world of a diffdiffdiffdifference.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:25 AM

Eli had a great last few games his rookie year. Losman did not. The Bills can win 5 games with their defense and run game.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:13 AM

Posey dumped, which Im absolutely OK with as Crowell filled in nicely for Spikes...

....Does this mean Spikes is 100% and they are OK with the depth aside from Posey
Old 08-08-2006, 05:32 PM

spikes is doing more and more in practice, so he should hopefully be ready for opening day. As far as positions go, Spikes will be strong side and Crowell will be the weak. This however doesn't really matter much as in the cover-2 both OLB play off the line anyways.

-Ftball
Old 08-08-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Official 2006 Buffalo Bills Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by MEbenhoe
Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 PM

Everyone knows this Bills team is going to be pretty bad and they have little chance of making the playoffs.

So the real important question here is if anyone knows if they're going to be using the cool retro uniforms they used for the first two games last year. I know they wanted to use them for the rest of the season, but were unable to due to the fact that they did not declare those jerseys to be their main ones.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 PM

Yes to the jerseys. Home opener, and one other game they haven't decided/announced yet.