Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:37 PM

Default Re: (OT) Strasser says coinflips early are ok.

I disagree with this. Strassa isn't taking into account the fact that your opponents splashing around and knocking each other out adds to your EV.Works great in cash, not so great in SNG's, which are no longer Strassa's forte, and when they were he struggled alot with being too LAG. Maybe someday he will recover from the ignominity of having problems with SNG's......

Strassa's a great player, and seems to be flavor of the week now(Mmmmm, Strasser Brickle......), but I'll take curtains' opinion over strassa's in any question regarding SNG format.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this. Strassa isn't taking into account the fact that your opponents splashing around and knocking each other out adds to your EV.Works great in cash, not so great in SNG's, which are no longer Strassa's forte, and when they were he struggled alot with being too LAG. Maybe someday he will recover from the ignominity of having problems with SNG's......

Strassa's a great player, and seems to be flavor of the week now(Mmmmm, Strasser Brickle......), but I'll take curtains' opinion over strassa's in any question regarding SNG format.

[/ QUOTE ]

aww dali loves me. I doubt me and strassa are even disagreeing about anything. Im just reminding people to be tight and stuff.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this matter if you're properly bankrolled?

[/ QUOTE ]

No however the new lowered ROI will cause you to have a higher bankroll requirement which will prevent you from moving up as easily and could quite possibly harm your long term hourly in this fashion.

Also the effects of the longer and more frequent downswings that could stem from willingly taking an ROI hit like this would affect most people's play for the worse.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
winrate implies dollars/hour. yes your ROI may go down, but you'd play more since you busted early, and it in my opinion at least compensates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this greatly increase the size and frequency of your swings though?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 08-04-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me. i posted once that i lost like over 20 sngs in a row once, but have i ever really posted long term sng results? when did I ever say I had problems with sngs? I stopped playing sngs because I made more money and was more stimulated mentally playing other tougher games.

somehow you manage to just rub the entire world the wrong way. maybe someday you will recover from the ignominity of having problems with life.
-Jason
Old 08-04-2006, 02:22 AM

cash > sngs..max profit
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM

Multiple callers of a large raise (3xBB+) is problematic. Shoving with other than AA KK QQ unadvisable.

Problem w/ Donks is that not only do they tend to overplay AT pre-flop, frequently they also underplay AA KK QQ.

Unwise to push here without a made hand. AK is great v AQ. But v AT 55 JT ... AK is not a great hand for a push.

Best MTT I know will fold AA to an all-in plus 2+ callers PF.

Also: people talk "coin flip" as if its an actual coin-flip so much that perhaps we forget that it's not a 50/50 at all. It can be almost 57/43 if the pair is close to the unsuited high cards. That is 14% that you aren't going to be able to make up with all-in range reads.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me. i posted once that i lost like over 20 sngs in a row once, but have i ever really posted long term sng results? when did I ever say I had problems with sngs? I stopped playing sngs because I made more money and was more stimulated mentally playing other tougher games.

somehow you manage to just rub the entire world the wrong way. maybe someday you will recover from the ignominity of having problems with life.
-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm detector is obviously on the fritz. Do you REALLY think I think you quit playing SNG's because you couldn't beat them? That I think you suffer mightily from having sporadic troubles in SNG's while you are playing 100-200 NL live, Final tabling WSOP events, and hanging with the chip leaders in the ME? I simply stated my opinion, and part of why I thought yours had less credence, then made a silly offhand aside that was OBVIOUSLY a joke. Also that curtains' word should take credence over yours in matters SNG regarding SNG theory. I have also stopped playing SNG's for the same reason as you, btw.

There is no reason to be jerk, Jason. I really thought we were past all this. GL in the ME.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to meet more MTT players then.
Closed Thread